Forums

Help › Forums

Speed Bracket tournament, haunted Castle?

Wed, Aug 16 2017 11:44 PM (6 replies)
  • Joselitta
    10 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2017 1:52 PM

(excuse my poor english ;)  )

hello, just a suggestion:

It’s boring to play brackets tournaments with free entry fee, with 4 tours for the finalists, and that most of the players leave the tournament before having begun the match for which they joined or qualified.

Would’nt there be a possibility to give a reward, even in a small way (some CR or coins), to the finalists or the winner, so there will are fewer withdrawals or we could keep the motivation while almost nobody anymore stayed for the following tour?

J<3selitta

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2017 8:25 PM

Players who don't play don't hurt the others but they extend their chances!

You played a few Speed Brackets recently. Many players fail to notice that there is hardly a pause in these games and thus miss the second match after the time count started "unexpectedly".

Furthermore, our hosts are better in taking than in giving.

• Joselitta
    10 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 3:40 AM

OK, but I think that some leave due to the lack of motivation.

If we could get back something more to convince to go to the end of the tournament while there is nobody anymore on the bracket that would be good.

Just like when players withdraw in the middle of the game, would the one who stays has to get back Xp which his competitor would have realized if he had gone the end, it is no good idea that?

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 9:09 AM

Joselitta:

If we could get back something more to convince to go to the end of the tournament while there is nobody anymore on the bracket that would be good.

Just like when players withdraw in the middle of the game, would the one who stays has to get back Xp which his competitor would have realized if he had gone the end, it is no good idea that?

None of it will ever happen.  WGT probably will never "punish" players for leaving a game, or not playing a round in a bracket.  Who is to decide why a player left and if it was a "good reason" to quit or not?

If you want to be sure that players complete a bracket you enter, try playing the ones that require an entry fee.  I would think that players are less likely to drop out if credits are on the line.  Or learn to live with it.

• Joselitta
    10 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 10:06 AM

I can live with that, there are graver things indeed.

It was not necessary question "to punish" whoever, it is but to reward the one who stays up to the end.

We can be hurt when we pay a pass to 37 CR to obtain XP for our CC, and when the opponent leaves very early, then the XP which we acquire is very low, and there it is inequitable for the one who stays, whatever is the reason why the opponent left.

The paying tournaments, as for them, are very expensive (even to 50 CR) and many of the good players participate in it… it is the ruin assured for me 

;)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 8:12 PM

As far as passes, only use a pass in a game with someone you know and trust to play the round out.  Or only use them in single play rounds.  That way they are never wasted.  Also never buy a pass.  

I see your CC is very new, and I understand the idea of trying to grow.  But buying passes is not the way to do so.  Your club will level up, just give it some time.  Try to keep your CDP streak alive, then your daily bonus will be higher.

Good luck and remember, enjoy the game.  It's supposed to be fun.  : -)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 11:44 PM

Joselitta:

Can't exclude that, but it doesn't hurt anybody in a Bracket, as you play your games solo.

Concerning MP games and passes, I'm all with phred.

1) Play a MP game ONLY for the fun of it, or for the credits if you choose the sharks' waters of challenge games. No XP collection, no average polishing - just fun! Chat along, poke some fun, and play (in this order), but expect it to crash anytime, due to quitting, due to unexpected RL events or due to technical discons (which are frequent in connection to the WGT servers).

Nowadays you may include the CDP streak in your thoughts, because - most probably - you would be able to perform your first tee shot.

2) Play with online friends or CC mates. The social bond prevents from unfriendly actions and bad mouthing. Still, games will crash!

3) Don't buy CC passes, NEVER!
    The only benefit of any real worth is the Putt & Stroke Pals which come in CC levels 2 & 4. The CC will arrive there (@150,000 XPs) sooner or later with free passes, and that was it! The rest will happen while the CC grows, on free CC passes!

The CC's progress in levels should not become priority!

RSS