Forums

Help › Forums

Gift Of Golf Foundation

Sun, Oct 1 2023 7:32 PM (1,387 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 6:16 PM

HFDeuce:
    I'm quite honored to be nominated and would gladly accept any help that could be offered. 

Nomination is confirmed , Congratulations ..

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 6:17 PM

CEverett12:

CEverett12:

Gift Of Golf Foundation 

Aug. 2017     -      Scotthope

Bowl64

Sept. 2017    -      Mrcaddie

Chaplainmc

Oct. 2017     -       Pdb1

alanti

Nov. 2017    -       Paulton

Drmoose

Dec. 2017     -      NA

Jan.2018       -      Converorguy

Yancycan

Feb. 2018     -       Paulfinn52

Sidersbest

March  2018          - Lonniescott711

Williams01210021

April  2018        -    Tllendman

CharlieH100

May 2018       -    HFDeuce 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 8:35 PM

CEverett12:
    You all have the choice to decline .  Many of you guys have the best equipment and plenty of balls

I am one of those and while the nomination is something I am grateful for, I don't think I'm the type that this great thread was created for. There are many players that actually need  decent equipment or balls but can't afford them.

I would respectfully ask that you open May up for a second nomination to replace me. I already have the best equipment and have no trouble staying in balls. I would much rather see someone that really needs help to get it. 

Being nominated in the first place is a reward in itself for me.  :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2018 6:22 AM

Why are you crapping up this thread with your nonsense? Casey and his team are doing a wonderful, selfless  job giving back to the community and you have to dump on it. You had your say now move on and let these good folks continue their generous ways.

• HFDeuce
    685 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2018 8:33 AM

So it seems not to be necessary, but in the midst of this conversation, I thought my take/experience might have some mild relevance...

Back 2+ years ago in the days of PC videos for 5/7/9 credits for 15 seconds, I was regularly picking up 450 credits in a day. I was also in a job which at times allowed me to play... a lot. Like I would buy a sleeve of 450 credit balls, then play that entire sleeve in a work day. I was also a Master/Tour Master and could reasonably expect to finish top 4 in 75% or so of tiered brackets. Credits were never an issue, even if I was continuously below 1000, since I always had the ability to snag more.

Then the video well dried up. I did more surveys, but those can be finicky and 5 credits for 15 minutes of clicking and failing to qualify is infuriating. Then I was job hunting and other life additions came into play. A new job with restricted internet access means I can't get credits during the day. Spending time with family means I am not devoting time to surveys at all. My phone is not up to snuff to stream 2 credit videos, so my total credit earning is restricted to the 30-45 minutes I am awake after everyone else is asleep.

So now I am in that place where I can either play the game or go after credits. And while it's just a silly game we all play, we do play to get better and be better, that is the point of the real game after all. 

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2018 9:22 AM
    +1
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2018 11:31 AM

YankeeJim:

CEverett12:
    You all have the choice to decline .  Many of you guys have the best equipment and plenty of balls

I am one of those and while the nomination is something I am grateful for, I don't think I'm the type that this great thread was created for. There are many players that actually need  decent equipment or balls but can't afford them.

I would respectfully ask that you open May up for a second nomination to replace me. I already have the best equipment and have no trouble staying in balls. I would much rather see someone that really needs help to get it. 

Being nominated in the first place is a reward in itself for me.  :-)

Fair enough Jim , And thank you for being honest and forthcoming ,  Ill put someone in your place for May.  Good Luck to ya & Keep it in the short grass ... 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2018 11:49 AM

Thank you everyone for the input , I appreciate it .  

"Please"  lets keep on track with this thread . Its about helping our fellow golfers .  

Thanks to our WGT sponsors and the Bushwackers CC .  You guys make this happen .

Nominations can be made for yourself , A friend or club mate .  You should limit your nominations to one or two a month .  We will honor 2 recipients per month with the available funds .

Lets keep this nice and friendly . Its not about you or me , Or who likes who ?   Its the gift of giving .  If you want drama there are plenty of threads for that .  

Thank you WGT . Thank you sponsors and thank you WGT community .  

Ceverett12..

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2018 11:56 AM

alcaucin:

CEverett12:
    Lets keep this nice and friendly . Its not about you or me , Or who likes who ?   Its the gift of giving .  If you want drama there are plenty of threads for that .

True.... ;)))

Sorry man. 

Andy

Apologies as well -- I'll not feed the nonsense anymore.  

Brad.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2018 6:02 AM

Guys please, I know I went off track a bit earlier but we really need to try to get this thread focused again.

The Gift of Golf Foundation is a brilliant and generous idea, it's really heartening to see some of the community pulling together to give recognition where it's deserved.

Many thanks to all involved in it, you seriously rock.

RSS