Sun, Oct 1 2023 7:32 PM (1,387 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 5:46 PM

pfft

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 6:25 PM

Following Pierre's lead and editing my posts as well.

Apologies to all.

Robert 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 7:32 PM

Hey guys , Lets not make a big deal out of this ,  That problem was solved but it took some time , Nothing is perfect and mistakes happen . Rorinater did not respond to the messages for quit a while . WGT did refund the credits and I was aware of that , Rorinater did what he thought was right , Perhaps there was a lack of communication between them .  Callaghan offered to pay it forward .  That is fine .  There is no blame to be had by anyone . 

This is strickly a voluntary thing , No one has to participate if they don't want to . There are problems from time to time , That's to be expected and we try to work it out the best way we can .  The sponsors are a big help and this program has been a success because of that . 

I would like to see us move forward with good intentions . This is not the place for drama . I can only ask that everyone keep in mind the spirit of The Gift Of Golf Foundation .

Thanks .

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 8:12 PM

AlaskanDame:
    I’m done with GOGF after you get what I promised you for this month.

UPDATE:  I’ve sent 2 packs of level 61 TP/Taylormades to a person of my own choice who is deserving.

Casey, I still owe you 1000 credits that I am paying on behalf of MikeyBald (who gifted me balls in lieu of trying to make contact with you from his mobile platform).  Please let me know what to send out to whom or when I need to let you win a challenge match for Mikey’s 1000.

Thanks.

AKD

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 11:49 PM

oh soy

• the007dogone
    1 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 12:40 AM

are you a member of my country club 

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 3:54 AM

Robert1893:
    I don't ever recall you telling people that CS refunded the credits to you. The last I remember of this was when you basically said you would absorb the loss and move on. 

This is the last I will say on this. 

It took me  awhile to get my refund from wgt which I know they did not have to do. I was willing to accept my loss but when someone says they will repay me I expect them to follow through and not to continuously string me on.I did not tell others I was refunded by WGT because I thought rorinater would not repay me after he said he would. I have been "ripped off" a hand full of times but I guess one should expect this to happen when you are gifting to complete strangers. I posted here knowing some would be pissed off at me but I don't really care who gets mad. You can never please everyone no matter what you do. I could have kept my refund from rorinater but I will not. I like helping others who need the help. It's who I am. I do not to this for reconition. 

As far AKD goes she has other issues with me but she has decided to take it out on other members of WGT who can use the help. Thats her choice. Not my problem she over reacted by removing rorinater from her club. This thread is not about me or the 12 DOC. It is about the GOGF and helping others. I know some will respond to this because they need to have the last word. I am done with this issue and talking about it. Only hope others will follow. 

To Casey and The Bushwackers.....I am sorry this has gone like it has on your thread. Not what I intended to have happen. Some will stop sponsoring your fine event but I will continue being a sponsor. Cheers to all.

Brian

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 5:29 AM

Lack of communication leads to misunderstandings , Lack of information leads to speculation . 3 months ago a mistake was made when a recipient was gifted 2 sets of irons , Lack of communication and lack of information lead to speculation , WGT eventually issued a refund but they would not tell us if the 2nd set of irons was removed , The recipient was reluctant to answer messages or divulge that information . 

My position is to carry on and do the best I can , Despite the mistakes , Things could have been handled differently and a few simple messages would have avoided an issue that happened 3 months ago .

Everyone made an effort to make things right . Nothing is perfect and these things are bound to happen . If you want to blame someone , Blame me . 

Onwards and upwards .

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 6:23 AM

Following Pierre's lead and editing my posts as well.

Apologies to all.

Robert 

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 6:42 AM

Robert1893:

This Grinch is a member of AKD's club and she is free to run her club anyway she wants, but if I was the club owner he would be gone. Not someone I would want representing my club. 

So, when it happened, you said she should remove him from her club, now she overreacted. You can't have it both ways. 

Robert.... no where in that quote you posted of what I said did I say she should remove him. Please re read it again. What I said was if "I" was the owner he would be gone.

Robert1893:
    f I was the club owner he would be gone.

There is my fact. LOL. If you wish to debate this further please do it privately and not here and yes you like to have last word and I will defend myself to the fullest whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

RSS