Help › Forums

Can't log in through profile page

Mon, Sep 25 2017 5:07 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TryPants
    251 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 6:07 PM

Just happened.

I have my profile page bookmarked for the site here. That's where the magic and fun starts for me.

Today, though?

I could enter my username, but, when I went to input my password.. nothing happened. Cursor would not move, nothing would enter.

So..

Went to some of a couple of other pages.. no problems. Like; "Home" page, and I logged in with no issues.

Not sure what happened, or, is transpiring.

• TryPants
    251 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 12:15 PM

Same thing happening today.. and this after another Firefox update.

Had to log in via the WGT Home page, not that of my bookmarked profile page.

Mind..

The other day.. it seemed like it was an issue of incredible lag.. in that, I finally managed to log in through my profile page.

So..

(*shrugs*)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 6:03 PM

If you haven't done so, clear your browser history.  Might be a good idea to clear flash cache also and see what happens.  If that doesn't fix it, perhaps try a different browser.

• TryPants
    251 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 6:52 PM

Thanks, phred.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

A bit of an update from this side of the monitor..

I can now log in through my profile page.

It seems it is an issue of my side lagging.. before I am able to enter my password.

I waited a bit.. et voila.. was able to enter keystrokes, my password and the 'log in' button was no longer greyed out.. and I was in.

I always clear my browser's cache at the end of each session, as that is how I have the options set. And periodically, clear the Flash cache as well. I didn't do it this time, but, will do so now.

On the note of using a different browser, though?

Yeah.. I think it's time to kick Firefox to the curb.

Thanks, again, for taking the time to weigh in. Muchly appreciated.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 9:30 AM

No problem Mate, glad to help.  I eventually gave up on Firefox for the game and have used Maxthon for around 2 years.  I eventually went from Maxthon 3 to Maxthon 4.9, which works great most of the time.  I keep Opera as a back up just in case, LOL.

Good Luck.

• TryPants
    251 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 5:36 PM

"I keep Opera as a back up just in case, LOL."

:D

• Guillo2900
    193 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 6:15 AM

Hi.

I use Firefox too.

If helps to anyone, I had problems logging in through www.wgt.com but no when going through www.wgt.com/home.aspx

• TryPants
    251 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 3:08 PM

Thanks for weighing in Guillo.

Funnily and coincidentally enough.. I can log into the site via this page here, with no problems.. no lag, nothing.

Logging in through my profile page is still somewhat problematic, though.

• Guillo2900
    193 Posts
    Wed, Aug 23 2017 10:47 AM

You're welcome TP.

• TryPants
    251 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 5:15 PM

Dotting the is and crossing the ts here..

Turns out.. when logging in through my profile page.. after entering my username.. can't tab to the next field of password and enter it. Nothing happens.

Instead.. have to click outside on a blank space.. then.. click back on the password information field line and all's good.

(*shrug*)

• PAGES
RSS