Forums

Help › Forums

Club Rental

Thu, Aug 17 2017 3:07 PM (4 replies)
  • PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2017 5:11 PM

I didn't know where else to post this so I settled on here.

My question is why is club rental even a good option? From what I can gather it takes much more time to get used to a club(s) along with the various balls being used.

I have tried different clubs on rental only to be disappointed in their performance as opposed to my existing club. I am very careful in selecting these clubs for their performance abilities, and have given them a (reasonable) trial in the time allotted,only to find that they are inferior to what I am using therefore wasting my time and credits.

Does anyone have an answer? Am I just being to quick to judge? Or is it just a matter of choosing the top of the line, learning it, and settle for what it does?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2017 11:28 PM

PSUTOM:
    My question is why is club rental even a good option?

It's certainly a good option for our hosts, opening the clients' pockets for more spending.

• keebsppc
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 10:58 AM

I personally just look at the equipment's performance numbers, compared to what i am using, and base my purchase decisions off of that. Credits are too hard to come by, to waste them on rentals.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 12:09 PM

I also took the time to search the forum for posts about particular clubs. There are times that the numbers don't tell the whole story.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 3:07 PM

I only use rentals when it is free.  I do check the pro shop for reading the memo's and remarks of others.

If you read the forums often enough you will find many remarks about new equipment and how well it functions in comparison to what ever the writer is using.

putting all the good information together may be a pain, but it allows you to list that equipment you want to try on the next free rental day.  my nickle..

RSS