Forums

Help › Forums

The Music Thread

Mon, Oct 30 2023 9:19 AM (1,790 replies)
  • Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2015 1:34 PM

tigrecaca:

Thanx Lobsterboy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1W9Rk4gjjY

Well that didn't work dunno what's goin on tigre . . . a cross browser issue maybe? There's a few people having problems posting vids lately . .

• ScottHope
    10,075 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2015 1:42 PM

When you copy & paste text from other posts or web pages, you can pick up bits of code (which doesn't show up in the message editor) that can create unexpected effects in your post, or cause a URL link to not work correctly.

If I copy the video URL from the above post, paste it into my message and then put the code '[View:    :550:0]' around it to make the video appear, it will work.

If I type the code first, then paste in the URL, it does not work, but in each case, before I post the message the text looks exactly the same.

It's only when you go into the HTML editor, you see that copying the video URL and pasting it has brought with it some extra code, and it is the position of that code that stops the video from appearing, and that code is only visible in the HTML editor.

There is a trick you can use when pasting text from other sources which strips out any formatting, and that is CTRL + SHIFT + V which should help to minimise some of the problems of this nature.

⇩ EDIT : Thanks tigre. ⇩

• tigrecaca
    193 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2015 4:35 PM

Thanx Scott.

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2015 7:20 PM

:)   ..                                                                                                                                                            

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 9:10 PM

Going out to a friend, a co-worker who was a long time television director. Rest in peace, Chris. 

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 7:07 PM

Awesome thread everyone!

A few (really) random faves I haven't seen here yet:

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 8:32 PM

And now for something completely different....

I've become a big Kpop fan over the last couple of years.  It's pop, crassly commercial, somewhat derivative, a bit 'bright' for some....but infectiously catchy & very well done imho.  I only saw 1 example in 116 pages in this thread (and a dead link at that!), Soooooo......just because I can......

and you can't have Kpop in an international forum without:

Thanks.  I'm finished now.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2015 12:55 PM

John Henry Bonham (31 May 1948 – 25 September 1980)

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 12:37 AM

Ha, don't even know what to say about this. Thought it was kinda catchy and silly. Then I saw the video. Just, wow...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 5:42 AM

Robbo81303:

Awesome thread everyone!

A few (really) random faves I haven't seen here yet

There's a reason no-one would post anything by the lostprophets.

The lead singer, Ian Watkins, is currently in jail serving a sentence for raping babies.

Hope the b*stard dies a slow, lingering and painful death.

RSS