Wed, Aug 23 2017 8:04 PM (219 replies)
  • MMills785
    779 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 11:04 AM
    08.05.17 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Full 18 Champion 72
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 1:01 PM

This round was also played especially in honor of my brother, WGT's "Andymish", and SweetiePie.  May they both be swinging them together in heaven with Andyson.  During play, I also thought of our other WGT fallen, of which there are too many to mention individually.  May they all be holding spots for us on the HGT.  RIP

As for my score...

I missed so many makeable birds (5) but played it honestly with no restarts.  I should've been -8 through 10, but, was missing birdie putts by a fraction of an inch.

My score using the free rock balls in the high winds has me feeling A-OK...Andyson would approve...

08.05.17 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Full 18 Champion 67
  • mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 1:42 PM

Just in with a 57. Good wind and the easy pin on #17 helped a bit ;-)

pmm711:
    This round was also played especially in honor of my brother, WGT's "Andymish", and SweetiePie.  May they both be swinging them together in heaven with Andyson.  During play, I also thought of our other WGT fallen, of which there are too many to mention individually.  May they all be holding spots for us on the HGT.  RIP

My thoughts are with you, Paul, as they were last year. 2016 has been rough.

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 2:05 PM

So myself.. Amateur4sure (no kidding there) Pete Shing (shing1) and Bea (Binkybaxter1) went out and had a ball for Andyson, Big toast at start and played as though we were all pissed throughout, Loved it...!!!

I ended -10 (62?) Pete and Binks -12 60?   Just in case my screen capture ain`t working..

Hats off to Andyson all of WGT....!!!

OK I can`t get my saved Screenshot of scores on here but I have it saved on PC if needed.

Sorry all....

Chris

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 2:21 PM

PaulTon:

save point

Hi Paul.

GREAT work and thank you again for another very well organized "community" tournament. 

Will R2 be announced tomorrow or are we waiting the full week? Just wondering. 

TY again. Jeff 

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 2:30 PM

LOOKING FOR TOURNAMENT PLAYERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO APPEAR OR HAVE THEIR COMMENTS/QUOTES READ DURING BROADCAST OF R1 RECAP VIDEO

-- Please contact me via message or wall post - even just a couple lines describing your round, your AndySon memories, and also whatnots. Especially those who shot low scores are encouraged to get in on this -- Will even talk to you via Skype or cellphone and get your voice all  in the video!

Video will cover the first round action -- and some surprise info as well -- the TeamYancy prizes will be talked about & how you could win one!

The "Chirp Chirp Burp" Challenge will also be discussed -- I think that Opy has a cricket phobia and such -- hes not talking -- so I will eat the entire EXPIRED IN 2015 bar LIVE on the web, and hopefully there wont be a second video of me going to the urgent care. This below was weird, I opened this magazine up this AM and saw this:

Sincerely, My name is Yancy
    @TeamYancy

• DeanBarr
    515 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 11:16 PM

08.06.17 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Full 18 Champion 58

Dean

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 11:27 PM

Hi All,

In the spirit of fun and camaraderie my CC owner, Paul (pdb1) and I played the round together.  Great fun and a good time.  We both shot 69s. 

Thanks for having us.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John 

• December1
    432 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 2:45 AM

6th 8 2017  I shot 60 Paul. 31 Front & 29 Back.

Greg

• iainmclean
    1,290 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 3:38 AM

On 6th August, I scored a 67.

Iain

RSS