Forums

Help › Forums

YCGC/Wolf Pack Ladder

Fri, Nov 10 2017 7:00 AM (497 replies)
  • davidplews
    3,434 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 2:26 PM

I've just worked this system out at last - echoing the comments of similarly disadvantaged dinosaurs - I got there in the end. :-)

Apparently I've been challenged by Bradley - so apologies to whitexct who I challenged via his wall - I'll now have to withdraw that challenge. As I'm now friends with both and a game has tentatively been set up then it would seem that the comp working already.

Bradley - I will hopefully see you tomorrow (Sunday) 3pm. whitexct - I'll hopefully catch up with you eventually.

Nice one both club skips

David

• akone12
    6,850 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 3:40 PM

davidplews:

I've just worked this system out at last - echoing the comments of similarly disadvantaged dinosaurs - I got there in the end. :-)

Apparently I've been challenged by Bradley - so apologies to whitexct who I challenged via his wall - I'll now have to withdraw that challenge. As I'm now friends with both and a game has tentatively been set up then it would seem that the comp working already.

Bradley - I will hopefully see you tomorrow (Sunday) 3pm. whitexct - I'll hopefully catch up with you eventually.

Nice one both club skips

David

Thank you David, whitexct could not have accepted your challenge, as per the Ladder, he is already (*) Active.

I'm sure you will quickly remember how it all used to work, are you clear on everything now, help is always at hand, no matter how simple it may sound, just ask

AK

• davidplews
    3,434 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 4:41 PM

Thanks AK - yes it's all coming back to me!! :-)

I'll keep to this thread and prospective oppo's  message boards only for future game info.

Cheers

David

• davidplews
    3,434 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 2:32 AM

akone12:

help is always at hand, no matter how simple it may sound, just ask

AK

Hi AK - taking you at your word!!

Unsure of how the handicap works - the 4 I have to concede to my opponent - is it four strokes or holes? If it's holes, does Bradley have to say which ones   -  or is it a random choice at any time - and if strokes is it as in normal golf, ie holes 1 - 4 on hole handicap?

Cheers

David

• MikaelWurtz
    90 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 3:45 AM

i challenge itsallthelocke to 18 holes match play. Awaiting friend invite.

Br. MikaelWurtz

• zulu24
    308 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 3:57 AM

Hi Dave.

I didn't see your challenge before myself challenging skangs ( which is now void ).

You didn't send me a friends request when challenging ( I have sent you one ).

The only evening I can play this week is Monday at 7pm ( 9 holes only ). Otherwise I can play Tuesday am ( up to 10am ) again 9 holes only, or Thursday pm between 1 and 3, or Friday am between 9 and 12.

If you can't make any of the times I have given I'm content for you to claim the match.

Paul :) 

• jtcame
    777 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 4:21 AM

Hi ebbwmikey

would like to challenge you to a ladder match.

I am on most evenings from 19.00 hrs if this suitable,if so give me a date and time

regards

jt

• davidplews
    3,434 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 8:09 AM

Just completed my first ladder match and what a delight it was.

Brad was waiting as I logged on - we got straight into it and I was lucky that my putts were dropping while poor old Brad's were shaving past or lipping out.

By 13 I was 6 up and dormie so we decided (not sure if this is how it's supposed to go - so comments from the Skips would be helpful) that I would concede Brad the 4 holes owed and play home from the 17th.

We ended up halving that, so the final result was

davidplews wins against BradleyTJ - 2 up

Thanks a lot Brad - you're a real gent and it was a pleasure chatting on Skype.

We'll meet again no doubt.

Regards

David

• akone12
    6,850 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 10:01 AM

davidplews:

akone12:

help is always at hand, no matter how simple it may sound, just ask

AK

Hi AK - taking you at your word!!

Unsure of how the handicap works - the 4 I have to concede to my opponent - is it four strokes or holes? If it's holes, does Bradley have to say which ones   -  or is it a random choice at any time - and if strokes is it as in normal golf, ie holes 1 - 4 on hole handicap?

Cheers

David

Hi David,  all the holes are conceded at the start so you start your match 4 down, 18 to play, good luck, have fun.

AK

• sueomeara
    2,914 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 10:25 AM

Sue beat Grumpy had a good game.

RSS