• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 3:19 AM

Greyyowl:

mara43:
    do you ask your opponent in a real golf game what club he is using
    2 stroke penalty if he does ask.

The Owl.

That's why you see the other players caddies sneaking a look at the bag during a players shot to see what club is not in the bag. 

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 3:52 AM

Greyyowl:
    2 stroke penalty if he does ask.

exactly.......

borntobesting:
    That's why you see the other players caddies sneaking a look at the bag during a players shot to see what club is not in the bag. 

LMAO.........

:-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 8:05 AM

borntobesting:

It is said that US Open winner Tommy Bolt had a temper and could "whirleybird" a club like no other. At a tourney, on a 219 yard par 3, his caddie handed him a 9 iron. Bolt got huffy. "a 219 yard 9 iron?" "it's the only club you have left, Mr. Bolt".

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 1:36 PM

SweetiePie:

It is said that US Open winner Tommy Bolt had a temper and could "whirleybird" a club like no other. At a tourney, on a 219 yard par 3, his caddie handed him a 9 iron. Bolt got huffy. "a 219 yard 9 iron?" "it's the only club you have left, Mr. Bolt".

lol

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 1:56 PM

salamii:

This whole ding cheat thing  amazes meWhat makes these guys so good is the miss ding.  They know how to manipulate the meter. Intentional  early or late dings compensates for the wind , spin and avatar movements is the key for distance and elevation changes.  

Winner, winner...

I gave up trying for ding a long time ago and forgot about reading the wind properly.  If the wind is pushing left... I aim a tad to the right and miss the ding a little late. Opposite for right pushing wind.  

In high winds, getting can sometimes be a bad thing as I don't always play the wind correctly.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 4:57 PM

IRISHPUNK:

salamii:

This whole ding cheat thing  amazes meWhat makes these guys so good is the miss ding.  They know how to manipulate the meter. Intentional  early or late dings compensates for the wind , spin and avatar movements is the key for distance and elevation changes.  

Winner, winner...

I gave up trying for ding a long time ago and forgot about reading the wind properly.  If the wind is pushing left... I aim a tad to the right and miss the ding a little late. Opposite for right pushing wind.  

In high winds, getting can sometimes be a bad thing as I don't always play the wind correctly.

Well said.

I think one of Wgt's anti cheat programs is to try and stop the Auto Dingers.  So now when we hit the Ding (some of the time)... the ball doesn't go where we aimed, well that's my theory....lol

So, Slightly missing the Ding according to wind is also good.  If it's low winds... 2 to 3mph it doesn't really matter if you ding or not... you still be close enough to Pin to get the one putt, if the distance is right.... that's if you can Putt.

I'm still waiting until when I have the great Honour of being called a cheat....  that's when I know I finally made it to the Elite, when I shoot a very low score....lol   but alas, I havn't shot scores low enough.

Now sayng all that....  This is an Internet game. There will be always be people who try and Cheat the System with different new things thay can use.  Just like Drugs in Sport... you can try and get rid of em, but there will always be something new that we can't detect.

So....  Don't worry bout cheats,  they are small minded people who think they are good and don't drag down the really good players of the game because you are not good enough to beat them :)

Just Saying

-Roger

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 5:12 PM

mantis0014:
    I think one of Wgt's anti cheat programs is to try and stop the Auto Dingers.  So now when we hit the Ding (some of the time)... the ball doesn't go where we aimed, well that's my theory....lol

It's going from bad to worse.  WGT introducing anti cheat program one week and promoting cheat programs in credit sections another.

Would that be hypocrisy with a capital H or what?

Can't help but laugh.

• pawpaw50
    168 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 7:53 PM

hitting late ,or early  for draw or fade doesnt happen  u cant curve the ball around   it comes off straight    however  u can hit early with strong wind and ball goes straight but thats it

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 8:39 AM

pawpaw50:

hitting late ,or early  for draw or fade doesnt happen  u cant curve the ball around   it comes off straight    however  u can hit early with strong wind and ball goes straight but thats it

Right.  For those of us (like me) that can't read wind very well, hitting off ding helps compensate for this.  Many times if I hit ding, I'm in trouble because I didn't intend to hit it.  

RSS