skip nav

Forums

Jeff's New WGT CC vs CC Interplay format

Thu, Dec 21 2017 9:21 AM by Indian55. 65 replies.
  • pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 2:34 AM

quadrock123:

Ok....How do we get to "the new" spread sheet... do we have to type in the the url on mngoosese33's page to get there?: 

There are several quick ways . One way would be to add that page and this page to your favorites list ..Another would be to click 

Tourney . You could copy this to your blog . Or Come here and click it . 

• crazycarla9 Australia
    90 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 5:24 PM

Edited upon request

Carla :-)

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 6:40 PM

crazycarla9:
    The powers that be can either recognize this, or not...guess it matters little, lol

Lol wow . Having a day huh Carla ? 

We will talk . 

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2017 7:15 AM

You are all good Carla .

I may unfortunately have to bring this to the attention of the hosts . 

This multi format , multi month tournament spelled difficulty from the start .

The normal CC vs CC tournaments . Pitting 2 CC's to play 1 or 2 matches was difficult enough . . 

And often could not be completed . With the addition of the alt shot format along with stroke play and match play  . WGTers have proven this altogether to hard . 

This is unfortunately a reality we will probably have to face . 

Kudo's to the creators and all that do try . The commitments necessary might just be more than this collective group is willing to put forth . 

I just woke up from a 10 hour crash . I was so exhausted . I work 10 hour days . My company fired another leadman . I am now running 3 crews .  I turn 58 on Sunday the 30th . I may not be able to get my match in either . 

I / we have not thrown in the towel yet . But the above is something to consider . 

This is not meant as a negative post . 

I am just already concerned about some of the insinuations and implications that this first month has generated . 

VOTSCC has always been a leader in communication and fairness . And I am hoping for some good input and discussion for this matter . 

Silence will get us no where . 

• marksusie United States
    736 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 4:09 AM

I have been a member of wgt now well I am not sure how many years, but more than 3 and this is the first time I have been on the wgt forum. Only here because I heard someone started a forum on our league, took me a while to find the post. Now that I have found the post I wish I would not have. I have played other clubs in CC vs CC matches, and although I admit that there was only about an 80% completion rate with all MP events, we did that in one week. And although I added a degree of difficulty to this format with the Alt shot matches, You have a whole month to get them in. To try and reformat the format before you have even given it a good try is absolutly crazy. If this month you have a team that is unable to play a match because of scheduling conflicts, maybe you should make sure that you change the team to get someone who is a little more flexible. 

Next this was designed to be a fun thing, where we get a chance to meet other players from other clubs and have some fun. Looking at this forum I guess that is too much to ask.

I agree that some improvements will need to be made. But not even going a month before we start complaining  really. Nice try.  I usually respond pretty quickly or I try to. I also try and keep people informed as too the other needs when we talk. As you can see I can get a little long winded

As far a communicating with other players from other clubs, Go friend who you are going to play and send messages back and forth. Wow why didn't I think of that.

This is the one and only time I will be on the wgt forum, I will not respond to anything else from this forum. I will now get off my bitchy seat.

Mark

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 11:35 AM

I/ we have been playing these CC vs CC Interplays for years 

Not supposed to be a negative thread at all . 

I / we and many CC's post a thread in these forums to inform and assist . And to provide a common place for all participants to add another easier platform for communication . 

In these already difficult events for anyone . These threads can only help . And always do . Even when getting off to a slow or bad start . 

There is much to consider here . Some very inexperienced to these events players . 

6 CC's unfamiliar with each other  . Any number of questions and scenarios will certainly occur . 

There will be inquisitive posts . 

There will be disgruntled posts .

Encouraging posts 

Angry posts .

Humorous posts 

Disappointed posts . 

All completely normal for an event with any number of WGTers participating . 

And all should be welcomed and attended to if needed . 

I am sorry you are unfamiliar with this type of communication Mark . 

This is my 12th tournament thread in these forums . All of them have helped in the completion and success of each event . 

In a positive way by the end of the event always . Like I said some have got off to a rocky start . But have always found the sporting happy path by the end . 

This thread will,be no different . It will be of much help . 

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 11:48 AM

marksusie:
    this is the first time I have been on the wgt forum

Despite some well deserved negative press . In other parts of these forums .

Some areas such as Community-Organized Tournaments remain true and honorable 

marksusie:
    I agree that some improvements will need to be made. But not even going a month before we start complaining  really. Nice try

No one said anything about any of this needing improving . You all did an excellent job . Top notch . Fine job . You should be proud . 

Complaining will always happen . So far no legitimate complaints about your protocol . I only said it will be difficult . And it will be . 

With time more and more will become familiar with the formats , the CC's and the players . It will be up to all the players to help make this successful . 

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 1:11 PM

marksusie:
    Next this was designed to be a fun thing, where we get a chance to meet other players from other clubs and have some fun. Looking at this forum I guess that is too much to ask.

Yes of course . It is a GR8 opportunity to meet new players from this time 6 CC's . To friend . And for me add more future multi player mates . We have done that in every event .

marksusie:
     I usually respond pretty quickly or I try to. I also try and keep people informed as too the other needs when we talk

That's nice Mark . I don't have it that easy . I'm spread so thin . I need all the help I can get .

marksusie:
    As you can see I can get a little long winded

Lol . Gotta love it . 

• Xpyburnt United States
    455 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 2:24 PM

Thanks to all for your patience and understanding and to Paul for his posts. Yes, we will get things ironed out as we move/progress along. This is a new thing for our club and we are having growing pains/issues but we will work thru them and get it to a happy place for all. If you must post comments, please be positive and recommend solutions, not add to the problem. A LOT of work has gone on to make this tourney up. Those of you who do this kind of thing, know this all too well. Being constructive is ALWAYS better than destructive. None of us do this, or play this, for a living. It's just to have fun and meet people and have a good time trying to play this silly game. It's hard enough with all the WGT stuff we have to endure, i.e., wind speeds and directions, putting green reads shown or not shown etc. ALL of you know what I am talking about here...I personally look forward to my matches and having a good time and hope you all do the same.

Take care and see yo on the tee!

Chris

• Next260 United States
    1,931 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 11:52 AM

Just sent friend requests to len23,amoffsky and livewires to get the next phase going.

RSS