Future WGT Courses.....

Thu, May 10 2018 5:19 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CSBarbarian
    1,625 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 12:21 PM

AWhiteRedBuffalo:

When will ever get Augusta?

You have a far better chance of becoming a member there.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 12:56 PM

Future courses?  Forget it.

The VUSO is being played on another Frankensteine style hodge-podge course that, for some weird reason, includes holes from Oakmont.  Wonder if the club actually knows about this?

It would appear this is all we're going to get in the foreseeable future.  Wonderful news, given we can't create these courses ourselves within country clubs.  Oh, wait, what was I thinking there?

New courses?

You'll have more chance of your birthday wish being granted when all the effin' candles stay alight.

• pmm711
    5,494 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 1:11 PM

MainzMan:
    Future courses?  Forget it.

I'm a bit more optimistic now that Titleist put their logo on the game.  They might infuse some $$$ into the game.  Now, if they do, and all we get is a virtual version of this...

well...then it's time to call it quits.  Only time will tell.

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 1:57 PM

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 2:25 PM

pmm711:
    Now, if they do, and all we get is a virtual version of this...

I believe they already tested the virtual version of this on the mobile platform.  I can't remember when, but I saw something new and tried it a couple times and it was set up just like the photo and multiple people were all competing to see who could score the most points.  I don't think you could change clubs or have much time to adjust it was really fast pace and before you knew it, game over... I think the coin matches are more popular.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 5:19 PM

Back on the new courses track, they shouldn't try to get high profile courses, Augusta, Shinnecock etc. There are plenty other courses out there that are actually a lot more fun to play. And ....... might be a little more open to letting the WGT community play there. The USopen is probably a tough sell for WGT no matter where it's played.

• PAGES
RSS