Help › Forums

Future WGT Courses.....

Thu, May 10 2018 5:19 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Wed, Jul 19 2017 1:02 AM

goldeena:
    All-in-all not bad at all, at least 3 rough, harsh, links courses in there.....and Brooklyn!!

Wrong course Deena, And wrong site. It is The Country Club at Brookline not Brooklyn.  it is in Brookline Massachusetts.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Wed, Jul 19 2017 10:21 AM

borntobesting:

goldeena:
    All-in-all not bad at all, at least 3 rough, harsh, links courses in there.....and Brooklyn!!

Wrong course Deena, And wrong site. It is The Country Club at Brookline not Brooklyn.  it is in Brookline Massachusetts.

Deena was right look  at top . Try going through Golf Course Gurus.com. They have pictures of the course and its layout . This club at one time turned down Tom Brady when he applied for membership . Its very exclusive as far as membership goes but then so is Augusta so no big deal .

• libby061
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 4:00 PM

Jordan spieth disagrees !

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 2:49 PM

goldeena:
    **couldn't get to their official page because I am connecting from Thailand! know what to expect here then - a Handkerchief full of snottery no doubt, BOOOO!!!** course looks 'meh' anyway...

Its an elite US Open course. Its a bit like Merion in the sense that the rough is brutal and the greens are small and have lot of slope. Not as diabolical as Merion but far from a yawn (Just ask Phil Mickelson)

• TarheelsRule
    5,455 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2018 9:11 AM

I have had the good fortune to play both Shinnecock Hills and Winged Foot.   Winged Foot (west) is probably the best course that I have ever played, not sure how well it will translate to WGT but it is a beautiful and difficult course, hence the massacre at Winged Foot in which the winning score was Plus 7.

The course has held US Opens in 2005 (Plus 5 winning score), 1984 (Minus 4 winning score), 1974 (Plus 7 winning score), 1959 (plus 2 winning score) and back in 1929 a guy named Bobby Jones won at Plus 6.

The course has obviously held up well over the years.

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2018 9:05 PM

goldeena:

[...]

Enough food for dreams *sighs*, but reality has cought up with Deena:

No Shinnecock, no company statement (who would ever expect one?).

They confirm my impression again and again:

"We are WGT, hope is futile!"

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 6:45 AM

Winged Foot is a beautiful course in real life. I was there with my firm back in 2006 when the Open took place there. 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 12:48 PM

MCalderon402:
    Winged Foot is a beautiful course in real life.

Fat chance they'll let us gawkers invade the grounds virtually.

• AWhiteRedBuffalo
    4 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 3:34 AM

When will ever get Augusta?

• PAGES
RSS