Forums

Help › Forums

Slow play

Tue, Aug 22 2017 6:09 PM (21 replies)
  • AussieDavo11
    1,933 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 10:22 PM

I like to play in the Player v Player using coins and take my chances against all comers.

The only thing that drives me nuts are the opponents who need to take the vast majority of their permitted 45 seconds for almost EVERY SHOT!

It drives me nuts watching the timer count down from 45 seconds to about 3 seconds before they start their backswing. Then again. Then again.....

I play mainly 9 hole matches and some matches are taking way more than 30 minutes to finish which is horribly slow.

My suggestion to WGT has been to either reduce the time to a more reasonable (say) 30 seconds or create special events for those who want to play matches with a shot clock.

So far, only generic replies from WGT (you know, the "thank you, we are considering a numbers of changes...etc", then they don't respond again or do anything.

I like the game and play for an hour or so every night when I can, but I am becoming disillusioned by the slow players.

Please do SOMETHING WGT! 

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2017 11:57 AM

Set it for 30 seconds if you want a fast game. I agree 30 seconds should be enough for most standard shots but there are many variables. A trouble shot takes more time for me just to figure the lie and distance. Many times in friendly games someone needs to take a little break so will tell others so they can wait the full 90 seconds to hit their shot to give them more time to make it back. Highly variable for the game you are playing and looking for. I would like a feature that has no time out shot clock at all.

• Dana84
    42 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2017 12:42 PM

You're missing the original posters point.  When you play for coins you're on a tablet or phone, and those challenge games do not have any variables that you can set.  Therefore he has to endure the 45 sec. default timer built into the coin challenge games.  From what I gather he's like the default set to 30 seconds for those challenge games.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2017 1:39 PM

Lesthanpar:

Set it for 30 seconds if you want a fast game. I agree 30 seconds should be enough for most standard shots but there are many variables. A trouble shot takes more time for me just to figure the lie and distance. Many times in friendly games someone needs to take a little break so will tell others so they can wait the full 90 seconds to hit their shot to give them more time to make it back. Highly variable for the game you are playing and looking for. I would like a feature that has no time out shot clock at all.

As far as I know there is no option to change the time on mobile coin games like there is on multi player games on the web game.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2017 1:48 PM

Lesthanpar:
    Set it for 30 seconds if you want a fast game.

Seems like the OP is talking about the mobile match-play.

I know some players deliberately let 45 secs run all the way to annoy you thus affect your gameplay & performance or even hope that you would quit with disgust.

This is one of the reasons why I almost never play it against an opponent unless I need points for the Turf War BS.

Either you learn to be more patient or eliminate the format completely from your playing schedule, it's your call.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2017 2:35 PM

45 seconds per shot and you are complaining??....whatever !!

maybe some people need that time with the super intelligent caddies we have...this is a golf game not a speed race

• AussieDavo11
    1,933 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 9:26 PM

So you think a 9 hole match should take more than half an hour?

You are joking.

I turn my TV on during some matches to keep me entertained while I wait for a few select players to hit the ball.

Pretty sure it is deliberate to get you to forfeit.

Just set the clock back to 30 seconds and try it please!!

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2017 11:18 AM

well then watch the tv instead of play golf, if the clock is set for whatever seconds, that player has the right to use the clock, if that's a problem for you, you have worse problems than that, rofl!

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2017 1:22 PM

Not everyone can set their shots as quickly as you do, apparently.  I routinely play with a 90 second shot clock, so I am not rushed.  That way I can look for variations in wind direction using the different cameras.   Also setting the aim marker with offset from the pin using the green view, and  having time to respond to chat, etc should I choose to do so.  

Either learn to be patient or only play games with the shot clock to what you want it set at.  Or perhaps find something else to do with your time.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2017 2:36 PM

phred952:
    Either learn to be patient or only play games with the shot clock to what you want it set at.  Or perhaps find something else to do with your time.
    This!

RSS