Forums

Help › Forums

Coins...What are they good for?

Fri, Feb 9 2024 5:27 AM (40 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Jul 14 2017 7:33 PM

Thanks, Jim and Phred.

Good to know that there's still an appreciation for the classics these days. :-)

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Jul 14 2017 7:37 PM

PatRrrr:
    I was looking in this forum for a way to buy credits with coins, but I'm not seeing that.

A lot of players would like to see that. But it's never going to happen. Or if it were to happen, the exchange rate of coins to credits would be extremely high.

At the very least, I bet it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 coins for 1 credit (as a guess).

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Jul 14 2017 9:18 PM

Robert1893:
    Good to know that there's still an appreciation for the classics these days. :-)

Robert,

As soon as I read the title of the thread, what you posted earlier in this thread was the first thing that popped into my head...I laughed so hard when I read your post.

As I hadn't heard it in years, I went to Youtube...only to find out that the version I remember (FGTH) wasn't the original, it was originally from Edwin Starr back in '69 and so much better.

Thanks for the history lesson.

MC

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2017 6:21 PM

+1MC.  Sadly he passed away in 2003 at the age of 61 from a heart attack.

• RickEh
    104 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2019 10:03 PM

There is a new Titleist bundle in the app.... bought some credits so I could buy them.... 

But to buy you also need 500k coins.... ..   and you cant buy those.... so to earn coins you must level up....  taking forever....  i bet their ad revenue is up because in order to level up you need every xp point you can get.  I have given up and donteven care about my scores... dont aim or adjust anything... just bash away as fast as I can to get through a tournament  game as fast as possible.... over and over and over....  rented the clubs on the free weekend and its not even worth playing without a good set of sticks.  Wish there was an easier way to earn a bunch fast coinage.... not credits... until then I will bash away....  takes about 15 mins per game for about 550xp....   sorry bout the typos.... cant be bother to even try to fix em.....

• ChazPhilly
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2019 2:08 AM

Yes. When I read the thread. I knew what I was going to reply with. Then I popped on this page and seen that you beat me to it. Maybe we’re too old or nobody knows the song. But whatever. It was funny. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,869 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2019 3:54 AM

RickEh:

There is a new Titleist bundle in the app.... bought some credits so I could buy them.... 

But to buy you also need 500k coins.... ..   and you cant buy those.... so to earn coins you must level up

The Titleist special that I see costs $99.00.  You get the clubs plus 2000 credits plus 500,000 coins.  The credits and coins are part of what you GET, not part of the COST.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2019 12:31 PM

AlaskanDame:
    The Titleist special that I see costs $99.00.  You get the clubs plus 2000 credits plus 500,000 coins.  The credits and coins are part of what you GET, not part of the COST.

That is what I see too.  Must be the one in question.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2019 1:18 PM

While long term WGT members / veterans and those who never play coin games or TW may never see any value in coins or accumulating them...

coins can have some value to new WGT members in that they can use coins to rent slightly better equipment through the coin rental clubs.  I provided an overview of three of the lower end sets... while the specs are not substantially different from starter gear... the "trajectory" does change making them effectively better at holding greens than starter clubs.

Using coins for these can save members from spending credits on other clubs they will quickly replace once they reach the higher levels.   I know doing so saved me several thousand credits by delaying club purchases until I reached the level to obtain clubs I would be able to use for a much longer period of time.  That said, there is a relatively small window in which this option exist for players, because club upgrades are often sought rather quickly.  

RSS