Forums

Help › Forums

I am claiming the 1st WGT nobel prize in computer golf physics!!!

Thu, Aug 24 2017 7:14 PM (21 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Jul 11 2017 10:39 AM

Thanks for posting this shot enlarged enough to be readable.  You mentioned using Sgt. Bilko's shot calculator as a starting point I think.   One of the best things about it was it's simplicity of use.

Also I would think that one of the biggest mistakes that is made by many people is estimating wind angle on some of the visually closer wind settings.  With variable winds moving the indicator, a 60 degree headwind can move very close to a 45 degree headwind in appearance, for example.

It will be interesting to see what it looks like when you have it completed.

phred952

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 1:31 PM

It does seem to be taking on a life of its own.  GL with the next part.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 5:02 AM

(@_@)

• HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 6:03 AM

The problem with all these formulas is that what you do with the meter has no relationship

to what actually happens because everything depends on what level you are at, what clubs you are using and ultimately on how much money you have paid to the company. I am thouroughly amazed that anyone who actually plays the game can not get a handle on this. It does however enable one to see why con men are so successful in today's society.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 4:15 PM

That's a lot of work Deena!

I assume it's not holding you back from having your mans dinner on the table when he comes in from work?

RSS