Forums

Help › Forums

MOBILE Head-to-Head Bracket Tournament

Tue, Sep 19 2017 12:31 PM (73 replies)
  • AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 9:29 AM

G'day all,

I am hosting a bracket tournament for WGT Mobile players where each match is played as a 9-hole head-to-head stroke play match.

Background:

I started running H2H brackets within the CC I play in because club bracket tournaments were never available to mobile users. My bracket is a little different because the matches are played live between opponents, as opposed to posting a score and waiting to see if you advanced. They've been a big success, not only because of the competition, but because players get to meet and greet. If you're familiar with the mobile platform, you will know that communication is one of the biggest obstacles we face. There is no private messaging, no forum, no ability to write on people's profiles. The "Club Chat" feature for CC's is nice, but it's limited.

So I've decided to hold a bracket tournament open to all mobile players from any club on WGT. The idea is to enjoy friendly competition while making some new friends. My good mate, Ysonr, and I will be sponsoring the tournament and if you would like to help please reply to this thread or write on my wall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tournament Spreadsheet:

The tournament will be tracked using a spreadsheet and can be viewed by clicking the link below:

TOURNAMENT SPREADSHEET

Tournament Rules:

1. Each match must be played as a 9-hole head to head match. If your opponent is not on your friend's list please add them, then organize a time when you both can play together. Once set, send your opponent an invite for a 9-hole match and you will play on a random course with random conditions from default tees that match your tier.
    2. In the event of a tie; both players will match scores for each hole starting from the 9th and working backwards. The first player to win a hole wins the match. If both players scored the same on every hole, 3-hole matches will be played until a winner is determined.
    3. When the game is finished please report the winner in this thread or post on my wall.
    4. Last but definitely not least, have fun :)

Time Limit:

Each match must be played within 2 weeks of the round beginning. I will post deadlines as each round begins. If a player is not responsive please let me know and I will also attempt to contact them. If that player still won't respond, the player who put in the effort will advance. 

Prizes:

1st Place:     4 sleeves of balls
    2nd Place:    3  sleeves of balls
    3rd Place:     2 sleeves of balls 
    4th Place:     1 sleeve of balls

Final - WINNER   *** Borat74 ***   CONGRATS!

Borat74  v  Stizzle1988

3rd Place Match

ysonr v BellaGrayce

Matches must be completed by Friday, September 15th. If you cannot contact your opponent please let me know. Once your match is completed please report results here or on my wall.

Good luck everyone and have lots of fun!

TOURNAMENT SPREADSHEET has been updated and will keep track of all matches :)

• Garshman
    15 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 2:28 PM

Looking forward to my first H2H bracket tournament!!! Thanks guys for putting this together!

Garsh

• pgatoursega
    67 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 6:51 PM

Hey mate yep I'm in let me know when it begins later. Maybe you  can email wgt since June 2nd they been ignoring  my emails purposely  my cdp.  reset to 0 from 2007 days c a bug that they had did it they won't even  answer me or help ad mind to no idea why I'm mad :(  OK see ya.

• stizzle1988
    1,015 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 11:43 PM

Thanks bud for organizing that - really looking forward to play it :) would be nice if wgt jumps on the train...

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 10:28 AM

Great idea Mick!! As a matter of fact...it's the BEST idea that's come along in 3-4 years,,,and it came from a player, lol.

I'm in. 

Since WGT loves their mobile version so much, maybe they'll help out or at least promote it.

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 11:24 AM

Thanks Garsh, pgatoursega, and Jay.

Head count is now 23! 

• MedicMike2
    34 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 11:27 AM

Thanks for all you do Mick.  Your a great owner of an awesome club!  I can't wait to play and meet new people.  

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 12:40 PM

My pleasure Stefan! Thank you for participating, mate.

MedicMike, you're too kind, thanks a lot my friend.

EDIT: 27 signed up, only 5 spots left! 

• pgatoursega
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 12:49 PM

No  offense to to jayw4862. He deleted  me  from friends  and also think  only people who  we'd sleeves like myself  should be able  to play Jay has over 22,000 credits he don't need 4 sleeves unless he greedy I really  need them I spend my own money  on balls I won 1900 recently that's all though kol. Seriously  though find out who has few credits  and needs to enter this only fair, mic and Jay are really good can win   credits  anytime  they want. OK said my peace .

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 1:00 PM

pgatoursega:

No  offense to to jayw4862. He deleted  me  from friends  and also think  only people who  we'd sleeves like myself  should be able  to play Jay has over 22,000 credits he don't need 4 sleeves unless he greedy I really  need them I spend my own money  on balls I won 1900 recently that's all though kol. Seriously  though find out who has few credits  and needs to enter this only fair, mic and Jay are really good can win   credits  anytime  they want. OK said my peace .

Anyone is free to enter this tournament. Enough said. Thanks.

RSS