Forums

Help › Forums

dont like quitters

Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:32 PM (23 replies)
  • theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 7:08 PM

I have joined many groups twosoms threesoms and foursoms but I have prob only played thee games total..why..because some people want that perfect game and if first couple of shots are bad what do they do..quit...If you are going to quit why do you even bother to be in a tour..go and play then by yourself.that way you can quit and no one cares,,.I do not think Im the only one who dispises quitters,,have nice rounds and have fun..fun being the key word

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 8:55 PM

That's a good point, thanks for bringing that up.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:00 PM

They run rampant thats for sure, we need some kind of penalty for quitting early.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:02 PM

enough with the people complaining about this already.. wgt should make it that whatever round you start, if you close the window, next time you have to resume the game from there. Otherwise if it's an option why not use it to your advantage to lower your score. Gotta like these people who think it's macho posting +8's then wondering why they cant make master. Have fun making life more difficult for yourself.

• Woodsimnot
    7 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 12:01 AM

Well I have two more to the list of quiters ( charmedx5 ) & ( jaymoen ) and all thou coolhotfun sounds like some one that got beat up as a kid, because of that now he is unsoicalable and big headed.  He is right about one thing, don't worry about them cutting out just better your game!  I am making list of the ones that have fake average and will post them so every one can see who has phony average, and if I make up a room I will boot the losers!

• vuudu
    5 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 10:38 AM

I wish there was a way to make them famous

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 11:07 AM

I think the solution is what you mentioned.  When a round is quit (a rated round) you should have to finish it before you can start a new one.  I play 90% of the time as a single because almost all games I play in (multiplayer) end up with at least one player quitting.  This is an easy fix.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 1:03 PM

Woodsimnot:

Well I have two more to the list of quiters ( ******** ) & ( ********) and all thou coolhotfun sounds like some one that got beat up as a kid, because of that now he is unsoicalable and big headed.  He is right about one thing, don't worry about them cutting out just better your game!  I am making list of the ones that have fake average and will post them so every one can see who has phony average, and if I make up a room I will boot the losers!

First off.. it's spelled QUITTERS ... if you can't even get that far, you have already failed.

Second.. it is against the policies of WGT for you to call out players by name in the forums.

Third.. and this may come as a big surprise... but QUITTING DOESN'T MATTER in WGT.

If you want to play rounds with people who won't quit, simply join the ladder.  Search WGTLS and you'll find it.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 5:07 PM

Snaike:
    QUITTING DOESN'T MATTER in WGT.

It matters big time. Writing the opposite in capital letters won't make it so. I definitely believe quitters are driving potential customers away from this site, and decreasing WGT's potential revenues. I know that judging from my own experience: I stopped playing random-drawn multi-player rounds because completing a round is about as rare an occasion there as Christmas or Easter.

Snaike:
    If you want to play rounds with people who won't quit, simply join the ladder.  Search WGTLS and you'll find it.

The Ladders site is definitely an excellent way to avoid quitters.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 5:53 PM

Bull cookies.

Read Nivlac's thread on quitting, here.

Whine and cry all you want, quitting here just does not matter. 

RSS