• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 5:10 PM

x

• sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 10:54 PM

Sorry but I just couldn’t help but reply to this:

What a nonsense question really. The course and the layout are the same as on the real course. So the yardages are equal. If on a PGA tournament they decide to move the tees up to make it more of an exciting hole for spectators that’s one thing, but expecting the online game to change tee boxes just so you can get the “gamers” joy of hitting it on the green seems a bit far fetched J

Additionally, the longest drivers in this game are 289yards plus whatever length the ball gives you. That is fixed,- whatever he pros manage to hit is based on their abilities… so that’s maybe why a game and real life is different J … Just saying … you are a champion man, so you should know all this way better than me!

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 4:18 AM

BMX123:

Hole 15th at ERIN

I have had little luck from the long tees reaching the green.

Maybe others have.

But the word is - the real life US Open will play as a drivable par-4 for at least one championship round, and perhaps more.

Why has WGT not allowed golfers from the long tees to reach this in one shot?

I have played the qualifier 4 times and reached # 15 twice. It

might have been 3 but I missed the ding too badly.

• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 6:36 AM

x

• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 8:08 AM

x

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 2:10 AM

borntobesting:

did you take advantage of some bounce or how did you reach it? even with heavy tailwind I never even came close

• gherkinhead1
    245 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 2:32 AM

Could be the camera angles.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 4:41 AM

borntobesting:
    Why has WGT not allowed golfers from the long tees to reach this in one shot?

So far no one has driven this green from the back tees. They would probably move it up over the weekend to make it drivable, as would WGT in the actual VUSO. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 5:34 AM

birchi:

borntobesting:

did you take advantage of some bounce or how did you reach it? even with heavy tailwind I never even came close

I have played a 6 Times and 4 Practice and reached it 4 times. Lol, Long putts. Wind behind me and full Backspin off the tee

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2017 3:17 PM

going for that green is not a smart play. Leaves a downhill putt or a very tough chip. Better to lay up and hit a wedge in

RSS