Help › Forums

Competiton Scores

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 29 2017 4:12 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BSJ62
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2017 8:23 AM

Once again have to bring the subject of competition scores up.  I am playing on Legend and seven of the eight competitions  for February are led by the same guy.  He is playing off an average score of 56 so have to ask why he is still in Legend. 

There is no doubt he is a good player but  leading all these competitions is very strange

Perhaps WGT have to adopt some way of checking these scores or  better still allowing the rest of us to see the scorecard and number of putts and total distance holed, a little like the monthly inter club competition

Just opened the June competition courses and discovered that on 5 of courses the same guy is leading with scores of 56 or less.

Have to ask yourself if there is any point in playing as getting a score that low is difficult for us average golfers in our own level, we might get a sub 60 once or twice if we are lucky

The guy is obviously an excellent golfer but when I look at his stroke average which is 55.35 I have to ask why he is still competing in Legend and not in Tour Legend at least.

Must be getting boring for him playing, birdie, birdie, birdie , eagle, par and ending up with 17 under par on nearly every round

Perhaps it is time to look at the wining scores for the competitions and if they are super low perhaps adopt the same procedure as real golf and cut their handicap or in WGT move them up a level.

AS I said before this is not a complaint about the guy's score, he is playing to the rules set out, just that perhaps the level adjustment needs to be looked at

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2017 1:24 AM

Funny so many excellent female players this site suddenly haves.

Take a look at the stats. Actually not many ranked rounds. But 3 times more birds than pars.

That indicates 2 things. A. Have played before with another account. B. Decide yourself if its raw talent or some god giving help that shows up.

Those scrambling and sand stats actually sucks, but the putting stats are extraordinary. Interesting!

On the friend list you will find plenty of "famous" players.

Dont fall down the chair in utter respect of the players ability. Its not a good player. Instead send WGT a mail

I feel pretty tired of seeing this crap here again and again

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2017 3:54 AM

BSJ62:
    Have to ask yourself if there is any point in playing

No unless you want to give them credits.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 5:24 AM

duffputt:

Funny so many excellent female players this site suddenly haves.

I stopped playing the high credit ready gos for the time being because of that 'invasion'. I don't know how many times these obvious multi accounts made the difference for me between finishing in the top3/10/15 and being just outside and thus cost me a lot of credits. I checked the recent scores though and what strikes me is that a whole lot of times all these level 90/200 ranked rounds people either all show up for a particular event or none at all. So is this just one guy using different proxys (well, a lot are from canada anyway) to screw with us or what's the deal here?

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 6:20 AM

Fmagnets made 2,49 birdies for each par. We know he was good.

But this "player" has 2,79 birdies for each par. And have only played 5% ranked rounds compared to Fmagnets.

Talk about telling the world you cheat

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 8:38 AM

another very quick learner shoots a 28 on Kia back 9 RG in his 2nd ever game...

now thats talent....

i commented on his page ... ( hhhmmm .yeh right ) but he deleted it.

something to hide i guess..

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 8:47 AM

stevietwotimes:
    another very quick learner shoots a 28 on Kia back 9 RG in his 2nd ever game...

Child prodigy, no doubt. ;-)  

• tyriusmitchells
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 1:35 PM

There's always a point in playing

LiveChads

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 7:28 PM

This game is inundated with cheats/multi's. And it quadruples every year a few months before the VUSO, then dwindles back to the standard number, which is still astoundingly high. 

The worst part of this whole thing is that the cheats and multi's will still get paid before they get the boot, which is very unfair to the legit players, especially those trying to make the VUSO cut, the VT, or any tournament, for that matter. 

Dumbest reason I've ever heard for them doing this came from a (I assume) former mod. He said that if they banned them before paying out, they would just make a new account and play again. Well duh!!! They'll make many, many new accounts whether they're banned before or after or never. 

• PAGES
RSS