How secure is this sight?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 10 2009 2:39 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 10:02 AM

Yeah, that's a common scam.

Our lawyers here had gotten emails that sent them to a site that looked exactly like a government court web site that they normally browsed.   It even had legitimate links on the site that would direct you to the real web site, but it was a scam that would attempt to install a backdoor unto the PC's of anyone who visited the site (and allowed it to dl and install an active x control).

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 1:42 PM

Most debit cards have a pre-set spending limit per day.... I am sorry they took you for everything, but if they got everything in your account then one of two things is happening...

1-  there was less than that pre-set amount in your account

2-  the fraud came from within your bank.

There are built in safety regulations to all debit card transactions.

Sorry you have had such a problem here on WGT.. they have my information on file and i have experienced no shady dealings on this site.

Peace.

• TW1432
    130 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 4:21 PM

How secure is this sight?

Well uh to tell u the truth uhh...........Hey look a distraction!

• TopGunEV
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 4:42 PM

I just by a prepaid with a logo and load how much I want and spend it all....Go ahead and try to use my maxed out re-laodable!!! Fraud Proof

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 9:56 PM

for funny purchases where you might have to worry about getting your card cleared out, i use a 500$ limit credit card that's a couple dollars below the limit and just before, transfer a bit over what i do the purchase for. So there's nothing there for anybody to clean me out ;-)

• Vikingking
    4 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 2:39 PM

Thanks for all the advise....  I have full antivirus(norton) on my comp and run scans every other day......   I fell for the email scam verifying information once years ago with my ebay account,since then I never click on any link from any financial sight,I call them or type in the account myself.......   I was only asking about this sight because I'm trying to track down the problem......  Since last Friday until today I have been told 2 others besides myself had card # theft and all of us use the same bank..... I worry about my comp security and am careful where I use my card,my mistake here was not using paypal when it was an option.........    I do have a $500.00  overdraw limit on my card and it is protected.......   Visa set things right and refunded my account in full.......  hope this does not happen to anyone else......  see you on the links......

• PAGES
RSS