Forums

Help › Forums

elevating to a higher tier

Sun, Jun 4 2017 10:50 PM (35 replies)
  • tweetypieNZ
    1,407 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 2:19 PM

Hi.  I'm facing difficulties attaining Champ. tier.  My ave is (about) 59.87 and it seems an incredibly slow process (as I have to score 7- to drop 0.01 off the ave).

Is there a speedier way of achieving this?  I have tried by beating Champs. but this has no effect on my ave.

Malc.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 4:48 PM

tweetypieNZ:

Hi.  I'm facing difficulties attaining Champ. tier.  My ave is (about) 59.87 and it seems an incredibly slow process (as I have to score 7- to drop 0.01 off the ave).

Is there a speedier way of achieving this?  I have tried by beating Champs. but this has no effect on my ave.

Malc.

Not sure about a faster way if there is one . Just keep playing it will come in time . One thing you can do is go post some high scores in stroke playuse the free ball so as not to waste a good one . That way when you post a better score it will drop more , its what I call throwing the dog a bone . It will alo make the game play a little easier . Good luck and hope this helps .

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 4:55 PM

tweetypieNZ:
    My ave is (about) 59.87 and it seems an incredibly slow process (as I have to score 7- to drop 0.01 off the ave).

Is there a speedier way of achieving this?

No shortcuts I'm afraid, only solid good scores - 61 or less I'd guess - do the job.

And, please, don't talk in relative scores but absolute scores.

When approaching saturation, the nice 28 that you shot recently would, translating to a 56, drop your average by (59.87 - 56) / 200 = (rounded) 0.01. After saturation, it depends on the highest scores in the mix.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 5:09 PM

lonniescott711:
    One thing you can do is go post some high scores in stroke play [...] . That way when you post a better score it will drop more ,

Nice statement but not supportive I'm afraid (except for the dog).

The goal for tiering up to C is NOT to drop the average from any initial value but to collect 200 scores forming the desired average of 59.00. Any scores missing that mix are irrelevant, do not count in. Thus, to lower your average with a 63 score don't matter as well as no 70 or 80 score to "protect" it does, because these scores will NOT stay in the pool until promotion.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 5:20 PM

tweetypieNZ:
    Is there a speedier way of achieving this?

While, technically, there are no shortcuts, there are two relatively easy ways. The first is to simply play CC tournaments from the short tees. The second is to find a course that you play extremely well and play that course repeatedly.

For either of the above approaches, St. Andrews (front 9) is perfect. From the red tees, about half the par 4s are driveable. And even from the tips, going low on a consistent basis is realistic.

I'm not advocating either approach; I'm simply stating reality.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 5:42 PM

Geeze Louise.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 7:09 PM

All you need to do is contact ScottHope and for a fee he'll change your tier to read whatever you choose it to read...even Tour Champion.  Why play all those RRs when all you have to do is know Scott?

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sat, May 27 2017 8:46 AM

Which one is scott .

• Shyoneclub
    62 Posts
    Sat, May 27 2017 9:40 AM

Simple fix my friend.  Just join a CC with a lot of club tournaments from the kiddies tees.

• m4w70
    5 Posts
    Sat, May 27 2017 1:57 PM

That might explain why I just played a Tour Master, who was still only at level 56. He was bloody terrible, no way he should be a TM. I am also a very average TM and I beat him by 10 at Chambers (he shot 7 over!!!). Clearly they need to reconsider the classification algorithm!

RSS