Forums

Help › Forums

new golf course

Mon, Jun 5 2017 2:19 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • maverick4969
    60 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 7:58 AM

May I suggest The Atlantic City Country Club. It's the birthplace of the term "birdie" and was founded in 1897. You can probably get that course for almost no money.

• rene39
    7 Posts
    Fri, Jun 2 2017 9:17 AM

Every new courses would be an improvement to this game. I don't understand why WGT, with all the nice business they have and the lot of $ they are doing, are not inciting players to play more often in adding regularly new nice courses around the world. I know that lots of players are fed up to always play the same courses for years. WGT, would anyway, made may 50 times their investment and more, with the new more games played, with the lots of equipment and new balls sold. They could allowed free balls for play on regular courses, and prepaid balls for real nice courses and every one would be happy. A new course a week, would be a big improvement, and they would be surprised how many new games would then be played. Now, myself, I just play the minimum, because I am tired to play on the same courses on every tournament .WGT, please be creative and think business.

Rene39.

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Fri, Jun 2 2017 9:14 PM

rene39:
    ...are not inciting players to play more often in adding regularly new nice courses around the world. I know that lots of players are fed up to always play the same courses for years...A new course a week, would be a big improvement, and they would be surprised how many new games would then be played.
    A new course a week? That is not going to happen considering it takes WGT 6 months work to produce 1 new course. Watch this video and it will give some idea of the work involved.

• rene39
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 8:51 AM

Dear Stobsbee.

May be I was a little too optimist with a new course a week. but.it could be as many as they can. Lets take. for example the courses we play only as close to the hole. It seems to be real nice courses there, and  WGT has already a lot of work performed on these courses. So probably the delay to perform the remaining work would be much shorter, and, they could be available for us to play on full 18 holes on these courses in a relatively short period of time. Anyway. all improvement in that mater, would definitely be greatly appreciated by golfers all over the world and this guide line is in the interest of everybody. WGT and golfers. Every effort will be appreciated.

Rene39

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 1:51 PM

Rene your post is very polite and i know you are only wanting to get a better experience from the game.

Honestly we would all love the same, but it wont happen.

They have already photoshot those CTTH and its not as simple as going out and adding a few more photos.

They were probably contracted for just CTTH, which is a shame as i agree, and most others will, that there are some fantastic CTTH courses there.

In truth every time i play them i wish they were available for 18 holes

Bubbs

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 8:47 PM

+1 Bubbs.

Every time I play Harbour Town or Pinehurst #8 I wish they were full courses.  As well as others.  

However,as we know,  those CTTH photos would be completely useless if one of those courses were made into a full 18 hole course.   The OP need to remember Pebble Beach and how long it took for it to be made into a full course.

• Olduffer
    153 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2017 9:17 AM

All of you recent players are spoiled. You have 32 courses (including the "Best of courses")  to play. Yet, you want more. When I started playing WGT  in 2009,  there wasn't anywhere near the number of courses that are available today.  How many other virtual golf games do find that have this much variety and detail ;  and offer a real course format ?  Go enjoy the courses that you have and work on perfecting your game. 

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2017 11:07 AM

Golf courses have to want to be included on WGT. The course and WGT have to enter an legal agreement (Use Licensing).

And to be included they have to be willing to pay the $$$$$$ it costs to be included as well as having their operations disrupted for about 2 weeks so the WGT crew of up to 12 people can make the 300,000 or so photos and GPS data WGT needs to then put the course together so it can go online some 6 to 12 months later.

WGT may not make near as much money as many think.

Last I heard WGT only had a total of about 50 employees and since they are based in California they have to pay programmers and other employees the BIG BUCKs, medical, generous vacation and sick leave, and other perks just to stay staffed.

Add to that the server farm leasing costs, office space costs and other operating costs they have.

WGT has had sever infusions of capital, and of course WGT was acquired by TopGolf some months back, another infusion of capital.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2017 4:36 PM

Olduffer:

All of you recent players are spoiled. You have 32 courses (including the "Best of courses")  to play. Yet, you want more. When I started playing WGT  in 2009,  there wasn't anywhere near the number of courses that are available today.  How many other virtual golf games do find that have this much variety and detail ;  and offer a real course format ?  Go enjoy the courses that you have and work on perfecting your game. 

Making generalizations about recent players being spoiled is as bad as some old guy telling stories about walking to school in snow 4 feet deep, uphill both directions.  Only the second  person to post in this thread made the comment about wanting more courses.

I made a comment about enjoying two CTTH courses, and wishing they were full courses as I think they would be nice to play, from what can be seen playing one shot per hole.

I enjoy and appreciate the courses we do have, even if I have a love/hate relationship with a couple of them.  Just something to think about before you start painting everyone with that broad brush you pulled out.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2017 12:20 AM

+1 above.

New member politely asks a question and receives that from oldduffer.

Wonder why he came to use that as a name.

• PAGES
RSS