Why was I advanced to Tour Master?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 15 2019 2:13 PM (33 replies)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 10:03 AM

K7JBQ:

Thanks for the friends invite.

I've played the level 90 Nikes, and done well with them, but they're just a little too "high strung" for my game on an every day basis. What I mean is, they react very strongly to slight differences in spin, and I have trouble getting consistent, predictable yardage with them. With the Volviks, what I lose in yardage I gain in consistency on the approach shots. And it's the approach shot that sets up scoring opportunities.

That said, if I'm playing a tournament on a long course like Chambers Bay or Erin Hills, I sometimes equip the Nikes. On a course where accuracy is more important than distance, such as Pebble Beach or the Olympic Club, I'll go with the Volviks every time.

But it's great that we have a variety of balls available. Makes the game more fun.

Thanks for accepting the invite. I thought maybe we can play a round. I play on mobile though.

You're absolutely right, having variety of balls makes it more fun to play. It could also be a problem, because they react differently, requires testing for every brand of ball. So far, I'm quite content with the Callaways L34, till I tier up, and try the Nike L90. I like the 4.0 meter on those Nike balls, just strictly use them for tournaments.

• Kyle01067
    4 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 6:49 PM

I was just asked in my last match at Chelsea(900 coin prize)..."How was I a Tour Master with a 88.5 avg?" I replied that i didn't know. I just play Chelsea alot. In no way is 88.5 close to my actual avg. I like it artificially high and surprise TM's and even Legends once in a while when i spank em haha :)!

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 12:35 PM

Kyle01067:

I was just asked in my last match at Chelsea(900 coin prize)..."How was I a Tour Master with a 88.5 avg?" I replied that i didn't know. I just play Chelsea alot. In no way is 88.5 close to my actual avg. I like it artificially high and surprise TM's and even Legends once in a while when i spank em haha :)!

You tiered up because of number of levels, nothing else.  You have two ranked rounds that result in an average of exactly 88.5, so that IS your real average.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 2:13 PM

Like you when I made this post, haven’t done enough ranked rounds, but I kept being promoted. All my promotions from Master to present as Tour Legend, came from coin games. I didn’t like the Legend promotion, I stopped playing for 8 months. Then I came back playing, beat few higher ranking players, and got the TL promotion. It’ll be the same for you, if you keep winning in coin rooms.

RSS