Forums

Help › Forums

How long do 3 balls last?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 10 2018 9:04 PM (22 replies)
  • donkeytoes
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 2:46 PM

Just wondering, kind of new here.  When you buy a 3-pack of balls, how long do they last before you have to buy another pack?  Thanks

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 8:34 PM

donkeytoes, 

Every pack of balls should have a durability in its stats. This is how long the ball will lasts. The higher the durability (out of 5), the longer it will last. In my experience, the balls available typically last between 5 to 10 rounds, but I'm not sure. 

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 9:32 PM

Typically between 80-140 strokes per ball, excluding putts.

However I have experienced and heard from others that 1-3 hits per ball is not uncommon! 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 9:45 PM

oneputtdavid:
    However I have experienced and heard from others that 1-3 hits per ball is not uncommon! 

LMAO. Yer scarin the guy, Dave-he's new! At least tell him why.

You can lose the ball at any time you hit it in the drink or OB and when you do it's gone. Otherwise, putts don't count as hits on the ball, the gauge in the lower right corner will turn red when you have about 15 hits left and you can expect 2-3 rounds per ball. 

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 2:38 AM

If you type in "ball durability"  in the forum search there is a good break down of balls done by a few players. I bought a sleeve of starter balls one time and them dang things lasted forever.

• rosscowboysfan
    327 Posts
    Sat, Apr 8 2017 9:52 PM

Yankee Jim brother I am not sure if your correct in your comment "putts do not count" for the reason I have made first  putt on a ball and had the ball gone for usage before I hit the second putt (and I made the second putt lol) I have heard that several times but having had a ball changed while on the green I would like to hear from WGT what is true. Please let me know you have my e-mail address WGT please let me know so I dont misinform others

Sincerely

Ross

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Apr 8 2017 10:34 PM

Jim IS correct concerning putts, but there are a few exceptions:

- putts from fringe DO count, while putts on the green are "free". That is what you may have encountered.

- Mulligans DO count as 2 on the green,

- putting CTTH may count, IIRC.

Also, the shot to the green may be the last in a ball's life, so it may disappear before the first putt.

Ball life has been counted to be between 90 and 125 hits (durability 1 to 2.5) in 2012(?), I don't know about newer types like MAX...

I used to think that a sleeve (durability 2) lasts for 10 nine hole rounds, but that was as a TP or Master, so it may be more with lower scores.

But, don't expect a useful WGT answer on product characteristics here, much less to your email. You'd have to write to CS ("Contact" below) and hope for a reply.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2017 10:38 AM

6 years later...LOL

(alosso was all over the answer.)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2017 7:20 PM

Do a search on ball life and you can find out.

RSS