• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 3:54 AM

CerinoDevoti:

Jimbog1964:

CerinoDevoti:

nanstar:

Royal Melbourne

What year will the US Open be played at Royal Melbourne? ;)

Following year after The Open at St Andrews...................

Read the ? before trying to be smart :)

There is no ? to read. The only full courses in like the last 5 years are US Open venues. It's not hard to notice. St A and RSG are from the old agreement with the R&A. 

If Royal Melbourne is a question, the answer is never. ;)

~CD~

But there is a thread title to read and it's headed 'New course suggestion'.

No mention of any limiting 'Rules' sir.

Strap yourself in, here's another one, from the excellent Links 2003 Series -

The fictional ~ Skeleton Coast ~

Better still WGT, why not create one yourselves.. and charge accordingly lol

<edit> BTW, Ernie Els rules @ Royal Melbourne!

• jjjj035
    15 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 10:26 PM

LOL I loooved Skeleton Coast. I also preferred Links to WGT overall. So many more courses and play flexibility. I really done care that much about super-pretty pics if it means bugs and slow development.

• dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2017 1:56 PM

Wolf Creek, in Mesquite, Nevada

• islandlar
    709 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 7:51 PM

McCormick Woods in Port Orchard, WA.

• RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 9:25 AM

Don't care what WGT does, probably nothing anyway.  But please dump Chambers Bay.  I won't play it on WGT or for real.  It's a box of grass seed on a landfill, nothing more.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 8:02 PM

RenoRick:

Don't care what WGT does, probably nothing anyway.  But please dump Chambers Bay.  I won't play it on WGT or for real.  It's a box of grass seed on a landfill, nothing more.

The Golf courses designed by this guy must be a blast

(I guess you are a Golf course architect or similar)

God, people asking for LESS courses, the $hit typed in this forum is monumental sometimes

About new courses, maybe they must try add some courses not ''popular'' or unknown, maybe in that way can save some money in copyright & the courses should be granted with the promotion of them

One thing is sure, MORE,....no LESS! 

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 2:12 AM

LEDzZzEPP:
    One thing is sure, MORE,....no LESS! 

I have to agree here, more courses are required......and under no circumstances should we lose courses.

I don't like Chambers Bay, but at least it is an option....I do not play Par 3 courses, so I have not played Bandon....that is my choice, but I don;t want to see it go as others like it.

I too would like to see other courses, but they need the length for WGT, but I am sure there re courses out there all around the world that would love the exposure to be included......but I am realistic that development is not a priority at the company.....bottom line is $$$$ with as minimal expenditure as possible

• Greg91255
    22 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 5:59 AM

WGT might consider continuing using photographs for US Open courses and use computer generated backgrounds for other courses.  The cost would be considerably less and give us more courses.  

• SanteeJack
    121 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2017 9:22 AM

Olympia Fields, Torrey Pines, Washington National

• bg444out
    345 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2017 12:40 PM

hi, alanti, why does WGT shy away from the old Tiger Woods courses? had fun playing those back in the day. any feed back ? thanks bg444out (Bill)

RSS