skip nav

Forums

Updates, more updates and damned updates.

Mon, Aug 5 2019 3:02 PM by fobby1980. 36 replies.
  • alosso Germany
    19,344 Posts
    Wed, May 10 2017 10:38 AM

Bill19542:
    Logged in on android last night and the consecutive days played figures have been fixed
    Even the XP indications? They have been messed up long before the "days played" numbers...

Anyway, the "day last played" sort in the CCs is still rotten :(

Digg
    Delicious
  • Mcduff61 United States
    1,753 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2017 10:11 AM

If I am wrong, I am wrong. But I also do not have to believe your post just because you work at WGT. If you can so easily deny something then why can't you just as easily give WGT players better information on why the game is continually inconstant, top heavy with bugs, and the forums are filled with unsatisfied players with nearly every complaint one could think of and more regarding the game play?

Digg
    Delicious
  • WGTicon United States
    12,441 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2017 4:24 PM

Mcduff61:

If I am wrong, I am wrong. But I also do not have to believe your post just because you work at WGT. If you can so easily deny something then why can't you just as easily give WGT players better information on why the game is continually inconstant, top heavy with bugs, and the forums are filled with unsatisfied players with nearly every complaint one could think of and more regarding the game play?

people who know me here for last 6-8 years will tell you one thing: i do not lie to our players. Yes, I work for the company but I also been moderating forums professionally for 15 years and one rule i live by is not to lie. If we did do something like that, where we'd make old clubs worse than now to up sell new ones, i would have never stated otherwise.

we really dont do that. in last 6-8 years, i can only remember 1 time when we edited clubs post release. it was 1 club in vaptures v2, where that club was bugged...  there is actually 1 old school club that performs 10x better than it should be and we never touched it since (don't ask me what it is, lol).

you can believe me or not. it is ok :). i can only state what i know to be facts. there will be many times when I won't reply or say something but that's because I cant, not because of anything else.

if you have a specific question about something, feel free to ask me. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • YankeeJim United States
    24,605 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2017 4:33 PM

Mcduff61:
    just because you work at WGT.

He was Iconian long before that WGT in front of his name showed up. He's owned this game from the get go.  If you know how to pitch and chip, chances are it's because you learned from the primer he wrote about it. It's still in the FAQs.

The only VUSO I ever qualified for was at Oakmont and it happened because of a hole by hole account he posted on how to play the course and qualify. You'd be well advised to treat his word as gospel.  You just have to look past the uh, oddities. like this tutu thing. LOL :-)

Digg
    Delicious
  • Robert1893 United States
    5,142 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2017 4:35 PM

Digg
    Delicious
  • frappefort Canada
    3,981 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2017 4:47 PM

Robert1893:

Mcduff61:
    But I also do not have to believe your post just because you work at WGT.

That's correct, you don't.

But you should believe his post because, as he points out, he doesn't lie. WGTicon has always shown himself to be straightforward with individuals and has always posted with integrity.

So, you might want to consider taking it down a notch, not that icon needs me to defend him.

+1      Icon  is by far   the best one to ask  questions .... he will answer honestly  what he is aloud to answer .    I have nothing but respect for him ,    who in all of us could do his job ...................................  

Digg
    Delicious
  • opyeuclid United States
    6,103 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2017 4:51 PM

I can say that Icon over the years I have been here in WGT land , Has been true to the game and us players of the game , Has also been made fun of by one of the best and had fun with it return . 

I have nothing but Respect for him and the job he does here .

OPY 

Digg
    Delicious
  • Mcduff61 United States
    1,753 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2017 11:29 PM

Digg
    Delicious
  • mik11235 United Kingdom
    27 Posts
    Tue, May 16 2017 1:53 PM

Well it has only taken just over two weeks but we seem to be back to normal.  I am am sure the green speed had been very slightly tweaked on a few holes  maybe just to keep us on our toes. It's taken a lot of throwaway rounds and balls but things seem to have settled down.

Whatever the reason onward and upward we hope.

Thanks for all your replies.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Smitty640 United States
    14 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 8:53 AM

Heck I never even noticed any updates.  Is this on a cell phone or PC??

Digg
    Delicious
RSS