skip nav

Forums

Cheaters kicked out?

Wed, Jun 19 2019 8:16 AM by DodgerBluSince82. 263 replies.
  • SimonTheBeetle Canada
    741 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2019 5:02 PM

WGTChampion:

I'm learning that my understanding of it may be different than the truth. Let me do some fact checking. It could be me who is a mountain of wrong... 

_CHAMPION 

Wow... so nobody (even within the company) knows for sure about VEM.

IMHO whoever is right about either VEM is on or off, it doesn't really matter as long as it is all equally applied for everyone.

I guess we all know the answer already however... VEM's always been with us and you can feel its presence whenever you play. Many times we, people are cunning. When you play well, it's because you're a great player. When you play bad, it's all because of VEM or whatever you want to put the blame on.

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    1,959 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2019 8:59 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Many times we, people are cunning. When you play well, it's because you're a great player. When you play bad, it's all because of VEM or whatever you want to put the blame on.

Yeah - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

LOL.

Digg
    Delicious
  • carlosdev India
    1,357 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2019 10:38 PM

lol

If somebody beats you its cheating and if you beat somebody its talent lol hehehehe

Perspective changes after the game result... lol

- Carl

Digg
    Delicious
  • SimonTheBeetle Canada
    741 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2019 11:38 PM

DoctorLarry:

LOL.

LOL I don't blame ya. Actually, I'm no different. :-P

carlosdev:

lol

If somebody beats you its cheating and if you beat somebody its talent lol hehehehe

Perspective changes after the game result... lol

- Carl

Exactamundo, Carl! Hahaha

Digg
    Delicious
  • Leggoman13 Canada
    4,963 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 12:26 AM

I know there is something weird happening with VEM;

When I hear ''what a beautiful shot''  and that my shot landed 30 feet from the hole.

hummmmm  

Leggo :o)

Digg
    Delicious
  • Jimbog1964 Guernsey
    8,340 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 12:33 AM

Tells me it's not exactly daily monthly or even quarterly top of any list chat in the company.......................Sure some WTFs exist but it's not the difference between constant mediocrity or worse and usually doing very well..........  

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,075 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 5:11 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I guess we all know the answer already however... VEM's always been with us and you can feel its presence whenever you play. Many times we, people are cunning. When you play well, it's because you're a great player. When you play bad, it's all because of VEM or whatever you want to put the blame on.

DoctorLarry:

If it were only that simple .I think at best we are good with a happy medium .A fair sounding compromise . The real answers are very technical . Not quite as simple as " everyone gets treated the same " .

Jimbog1964:
    but it's not the difference between constant mediocrity or worse and usually doing very well..

I am not so sure that isn't very real . I mean even " constant mediocrity " is a very wide range of possibilities here . Considering the massive group of players , levels , and equipment and formats . And so many more factors that are analyzed by the program in question .

Digg
    Delicious
  • LEDzZzEPP Uruguay
    457 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 1:46 PM
    -
    Digg
    Delicious
  • Heath021 United States
    368 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 2:12 PM

Some folks get affected while others don't. Just look at the money earned every month. ITs the same players and has been forever. I have never lipped out so many putts that I have  within the past week. The wind on some of these tournaments is always against me...can't even reach some par 4's that I usually do...Yet I look at the scores and I see a 52...LOL. To perfectly play every round is absurd. Never ever withdrawing because of VEM. Having an average after the update so now it effects every round and see being at almost a 52...REALLY! That skinny dweeb that I would love to see in public sometime always wins.

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    1,959 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 2:55 PM

Heath021:

Some folks get affected while others don't. Just look at the money earned every month. ITs the same players and has been forever. I have never lipped out so many putts that I have  within the past week. The wind on some of these tournaments is always against me...can't even reach some par 4's that I usually do...Yet I look at the scores and I see a 52...LOL. To perfectly play every round is absurd. Never ever withdrawing because of VEM. Having an average after the update so now it effects every round and see being at almost a 52...REALLY! That skinny dweeb that I would love to see in public sometime always wins.

Wait.  You are a TC, you have good earnings, and obviously play well.  You are not alone in just having "one of those days/weeks/whatever - it happens in the game and in RL as well. 

I watch some of the streamed and youtube players and see excellent players who almost never make a blunder, very few mistakes, win a lot of tourneys (RGs, especially), yet still have what we call a WGT shot sometimes.  It just happens.  To everyone. 

For a couple of weeks this year, I went through exactly what you described as " I have never lipped out so many putts that I have  within the past week. The wind on some of these tournaments is always against me...can't even reach some par 4's that I usually do".  Seriously, I played one of my favorite (easy) par 5 holes (CB#8) multiple times those weeks (as a 1-hole game to make sure the CDP kept going) and got relatively strong headwinds about a dozen times in a row.  It did not matter, since the 1-holer did not affect anything but the CDP/XP but it was frustrating.  I lipped out putts, etc, over and over, in other play.

And then...things went back to normal.  I don't really blame anything on the VEM because it does have a degree of randomness built-in that is related to the clubs, balls, and environment at the time.  I joked about that before, but I did spend some time reading up on the patents related to VEM (that is about all you will be able to find out about it unless you are a WGT programmer!) and see nothing unusual.  We are just paranoid sometimes.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS