skip nav

Forums

Cheaters kicked out?

Wed, Jun 19 2019 8:16 AM by DodgerBluSince82. 263 replies.
  • Miantiao Australia
    302 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 9:00 PM

LMD01:
    The top players are exceptional take or must take 100's of notes ect ect.. that makes them or in tale very much helps them become the elite.  But for them to know EXACTLY what vem is doing too them in a particular round, makes the bloody exceptional.

I bought a notebook, made a few entries, but in the end pulling up 5 yrds short of the pin will make more of an impression on memory than any notebook could. There are a few holes dotted throughout WGT courses that don't play to math - or more precisely don't play to given elevation, whether there be elevation or not. Nothing like a bit of pain to reinforce memory.

With regard to VEM randomly bastardising a players individual game, that is a load of bollocks. However, I have noticed that every so often my meter with quicken to almost double the usual speed for a single shot. Whether this is an auto testing mechanism or not I don't know.

If you ask any top player for one piece of advice to give you in order to improve your game it will be this: After aiming, and before taking your shot or putt, get it in your mind that a missed ding is exponentially less savage against the breeze or slope of the green than it is with it.

In short, you can err a touch against the breeze and slope of the green and still end up with your intended outcome.

Keep in mind also that some holes react differently to a missed ding, particularly some par 3s, where a missed ding will see you punished much more harshly than the average. Merion 17 is a classic example.

Happy hitting.

Mike

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    1,942 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 10:14 PM

LMD01:

So my problem after reading that is,    The top players are exceptional take or must take 100's of notes ect ect.. that makes them or in tale very much helps them become the elite.  But for them to know EXACTLY what vem is doing too them in a particular round, makes the bloody exceptional.

For us 50% that play well with a few notes ect ect... We are the ones that are truly screwed by the "vem" we are the ones that fork out the dollars for equipment an balls ect ect . we don't earn the wgt play money that the top earners get. so after awhile the top players arnt spending their own money,   we the 50% are..

yet we continue for the fun  lol...     Now this apparent VEM is around to curb 1% of cheaters .. fm  1%  hmmm but yet there is way more percentage not cheating playing spending there own money not wgt's   an we are getting screwed for it..

Sry just doesn't compute for me.. or am i just a sucker waiting to play that good round, even thou I'm not good enough to play that good round??

now for the trolls an old ladies that have been around too long.. tear it apart do what you will..   i may not even bother to look at replies , to busy.. lol not busy enough to send this tho hay...  

You need to get a fresh batch of grapes - those are sour.

The "top 50%" were in the "bottom 50%" (where I am) before they moved up.  Yes - most of them took notes or just had a great memory.  But they all possessed the skills required to play the game well.  They either spent their own money or used free credits to get whatever equipment they have.  That is every player's choice.  Some people continue to play with starter equipment and balls - which have a built-in lower level of every attribute (like accuracy, distance, ...etc) which means that equipment will NEVER perform as well as the better equipment and balls.

The VEM does not discriminate - the top players get a WGT moment sometimes, but they also know how to hit the ball to within 3-4 ft of the hole on most every shot to the green.  I don't and I don't begrudge the better players any credits they win.  Most have been here way longer than I have and know these courses like pro golfers know the courses they play.  You do realize that RL pro golfers do not start out expert and rich, don't you.

Replies to you will most likely come from players that are experienced and knowledgeable about this game - not trolls.  Although some may be "old ladies and old gentlemen" that play better than either of us! 

Being "too busy" to look at replies sounds about right.  You seem to be "too busy" to read and understand what has been explained already in this thread and elsewhere.  I, for one, looked through many of the WGT patents and they are quite thorough and give some indication of what the VEM does - among other things.  

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,075 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 2:54 AM

1,656 Posts
    12-07-2012 4:14 PM

andyson:
    I am confused by

Ok, here is a rephrasing that might be more appropriate. In any case, this is a semantic battle Andyson, and I'm not sure why you are picking this fight with me:

""This is a patent our CEO made for legal protection, and it includes giving us the capability to manipulate individual player's items. This option is not, has not, and will never be put in to practice

Does that make more of a parallel? To explain this further would require a complete rehash of this conversation... please spare us.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

DodgyPutter:
    I know this is old but I have never seen anyone from wgt saying any different.

2012 . Even the mods either didn't know or were told not to say .

It is the WGT way though . To not say anything either way .

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,075 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 6:48 PM

Well said DoctorLarry .

Digg
    Delicious
  • WGTChampion United States
    1,401 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 2:48 PM

pdb1:

1,656 Posts
    12-07-2012 4:14 PM

andyson:
    I am confused by

Ok, here is a rephrasing that might be more appropriate. In any case, this is a semantic battle Andyson, and I'm not sure why you are picking this fight with me:

""This is a patent our CEO made for legal protection, and it includes giving us the capability to manipulate individual player's items. This option is not, has not, and will never be put in to practice

Does that make more of a parallel? To explain this further would require a complete rehash of this conversation... please spare us.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

DodgyPutter:
    I know this is old but I have never seen anyone from wgt saying any different.

2012 . Even the mods either didn't know or were told not to say .

It is the WGT way though . To not say anything either way .

I've never met this Pizza guy. He was gone before I started. I do see that he was ... just a mountain of wrong about what VEM is and does.

_CHAMPION 

Digg
    Delicious
  • lonnieskinner United States
    1,667 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2019 7:44 AM

Share the truth with us Champi0n, pIease.

Digg
    Delicious
  • DodgyPutter United Kingdom
    3,314 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2019 8:57 AM

WGTChampion:

I've never met this Pizza guy. He was gone before I started. I do see that he was ... just a mountain of wrong about what VEM is and does.

_CHAMPION 

It looked to me like Pizza went to some trouble to clarify the situation with vem, are you saying he made up what he was saying or misunderstood?

What exactly do you have to say?

This is another quote from him, really he was "just a mountain of wrong"?

No, VEM is a crucial system within WGT. I can understand the confusion surrounding this subject, so I sat down with the CEO (and owner of the patent) and he helped me decipher the legalese so that I may share it with you.

Essentially, the patent is for legal protection. It does give us the right to change the properties of clubs and balls, which we do often, but mainly it is for protecting the legal side of WGT. Whenever we exercise our right to change clubs and/or balls given to us by this patent, we do so unilaterally, and we tell the community about it. The only reasons we would do this is for balancing or bug correcting purposes.

Now, back to the question that keeps coming up "Does WGT have the capability to manipulate individual player's equipment?" The answer is yes, we have the capability to do nearly anything to anyone, any course, any time, anywhere. The next question you should ask is "Does the video game I play operate in such an underhanded way that they would practice this capability?"

The reason I say "the video game I play" and not "WGT" is because I want to make the point that similar companies has similar capabilities to manipulate the environment they produce.  Think of any other similar online game you have played. Did you trust them to operate honestly? To provide a level playing field for all players? If you did, I assume you stuck around a while. If you didn't, then I wouldn't blame you for spending your recreational time elsewhere.

This is essentially what this question boils down to - yes, WGT has the power to manipulate the environment and/or clubs and balls they produce. Do you believe us when we say that we don't do so in an individual, unknown, shady deal but rather in a public, across the board manner that affects every player the exact same way? This is for the consumer to decide. We give you our word that we do not abuse the power of VEM, nor do we give our players the capability to do so. What you do with this information is your choice.

I am certain there will still be "conspiracy theorists" out there who believe otherwise, and that is expected and perfectly acceptable. The only problem is when these theories are stated as facts. When someone passionately devotes so much time and effort into mastering a game, it is inevitable that at certain times they will fail when they feel the opposite outcome should have happened. The natural reaction that humans come to when they think they have all their bases covered but still fail is transference.

I hope I was able to address all of your concerns and that I explained myself thoroughly. As always, my door is open, so feel free to send me a personal message or respond here with any questions :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,075 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2019 11:50 PM

lonnieskinner:

Share the truth with us Champi0n, pIease.

DodgyPutter:

What exactly do you have to say?

This is another quote from him, really he was "just a mountain of wrong"?

Yes Champion we can see that WGTpizza made several attempts to sidestep the issue .Back in the day .

Probably better if you just not say anything ..

We already know though .

-WGTpizza:
    Do you believe us when we say that we don't do so in an individual, unknown, shady deal but rather in a public, across the board manner that affects every player the exact same way?

Yes . We believe that .

Digg
    Delicious
  • WGTChampion United States
    1,401 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2019 2:59 PM

I'm learning that my understanding of it may be different than the truth. Let me do some fact checking. It could be me who is a mountain of wrong... 

_CHAMPION 

Digg
    Delicious
  • el3n1 United States
    2,438 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2019 4:24 PM

ah... the mysteries of truth... reminds me of an old quote, lyric actually from PM Dawn...

I exalt my eyes with a most profound trust, yet they are masters at deception. 

Sometimes we see what we want to see, and ignore what is right in front of us...

And then there is Bagger Vance -- What I'm talking about is a game... A game that can't be won only played...

Digg
    Delicious
RSS