Forums

Help › Forums

Where Eagles Dare

Mon, May 1 2017 12:08 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2017 8:25 PM

I post this in Game Tips, in hopes of getting some tips.

What holes do you find easiest to make eagle on? Are there any big enough stat geeks (besides me) that they keep track of all their eagles? Has anyone made eagle on every hole of a course? What par 4 do you find easiest to make eagle on? I am interested in any eagle trivia anyone would like to share.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 4:44 PM

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Apr 28 2017 10:26 AM

I'd be surprised if anyone has eagled every hole on a course.  It's possible though I guess.

Easiest eagle hole for me has to be Congressional #6, I think I have more there than anywhere else.  There are a couple of par 5 holes on Cabo that are really eagle happy but I don't count those as they're not available for all forms of play.  And have to be paid for.

As for easiest par 4 eagle......  Again, there's one on Cabo but for the 'real' courses I'd say either Olympic #7, Chambers #12 or St. Andrews #9.  I think they're the only par 4 holes you can regularly drive from the back tees.  

I may have missed a hole or 2 though.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Apr 28 2017 10:30 AM

Pebble Beach 2 and 18 for sure.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Apr 28 2017 4:18 PM

Pebble 18 for sure. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Apr 28 2017 10:53 PM

Gonna add RSG #7 to list of eagle holes. Just got one against the wind.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Apr 29 2017 3:02 AM

Bethpage Black, the 15th.

Pretty sure I've made more there than anywhere else, beats trying to putt the thing for sure. Here's a couple

BPB 15th 145yds 2nd shot and

BPB 15th The 120yd cliffhanger!

Cheers!

Rich

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sat, Apr 29 2017 7:07 AM

MainzMan:

I'd be surprised if anyone has eagled every hole on a course.  It's possible though I guess.

There are a couple of par 5 holes on Cabo that are really eagle happy

My goal is to blackout my Eagle spreadsheet, an eagle on every hole of every course. lol Dream BIG, right? (note: I am not even close on any course. 7 holes of PB is my best so far.)

I have only played Cabo once, but missed 3 close eagle putts when I played. #needtoworkonmyputting 

K7JBQ:

Pebble Beach 2 and 18 for sure.

Gonna add RSG #7 to list of eagle holes. Just got one against the wind.

+1  I would include Pebble Beach 6 as well. I have more on it than 18. It seems like a good chance for eagle every time. 

whooshdangit:

Bethpage Black, the 15th.

I love that hole! (now that I have equipment that will hold greens a little) I have one eagle there, and a few close calls.

Another regular eagle hole for me is Chambers Bay #4. I had given up on trying to hold the green, and always played a lay up shot, but after reading a thread on how to play it, and getting better equipment, I started trying for eagle again. Now I find it to be one of the best holes for eagle.

...and I just added my first Erin Hills eagle to the list, an ACE on Lucky #13

How do you post a link to a replay, with a different title than just the address?

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Apr 29 2017 7:07 PM

BPeterson8256:

How do you post a link to a replay, with a different title than just the address?

Hi,

I'll try and keep it short, try the search box on the right, but for now start by copying that line of code

then start your post as normal, using whatever you want to call it

Highlight your new title ( so that it goes blue not grey) and the link icon is now live

Click that, a new page opens and in the Link URL box paste that long line of code.

Open in the same window is ok and hit Insert. Now it should look like this

Finish your post/message, preview if you want. The blue text should now be green, then hit POST.

That's it.

Cheers!

Rich

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 1:38 AM

Nicely done Rich.

• PAGES
RSS