Tiger, isn't this getting out of hand?

Sat, Feb 13 2010 5:38 PM (130 replies)
  • drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 8:58 PM
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 9:06 PM

Oh, I completely agree that Eldrick is a workout machine.  Hell, the only one I think works harder at burning calories is Michael Phelps during training.  I can appreciate the size of his guns and his overall physique...

Having said all that, and having watched Barry Bonds' head get bigger and bigger, there are still some questions...  as I said earlier, there is no workout to make your jaw bigger.

And yea.. I got married, went up and came back down too... but when i went up it was the wife's cooking that did it, and trust me, it wasn't all guns, obliques and 6-pack abs.... (well.. 6-pack something, just not abs)...  But there never was the return to the physical speciman I used to be.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 9:09 PM

I know this is hard, mrboo.. focus now.. we are not referring to his overall physique in those two pictures... just his neck and jaw.  Please show me where you can work out and make the BONES of your jaw bigger....

Last time I checked, cardio and weight-training built muscle mass...

But, I have to admit one thing that you're right on.. it's time for you to go to bed..  =)

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:01 AM

With as much as you run your mouth snaike, your jaw probably gets a great work out. Personally My jaw, neck, cheeks have all filled out more since I was 18 to now, 10 years later, and continue to do so. I work in construction though so I'm very physically active and I eat a lot. I've gone from 165 to 190 by working hard. I'm sure you wouldn't know anything about though. Typing over 1,000 posts on WGT doesnt count as a work out.

Anyways obviously you are a very stubborn, arrogant, know it all who will never admit he is wrong or out of line, so I don't see this going anywhere. I can't prove Tiger is not on performance enhancers, just as you cannot prove he is. So this is the last you'll here from me on this one. And I apologize for offending you with the race comment...still wonder why u, personally, got so defensive about that one though. O well.

• PGOODY
    40 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 8:55 AM

Thats just Tiger's attitude and is part of his game. The same reason he does these things also allows him to destroy opponents on the golf course, like he did last weekend. Everyone makes a big deal because that kind of mindset, that ferocity and drive, is very rare in many individuals. He is so focused during his rounds he doesn't premeditate his reactions they just come out. You didn't see Brandt Snedeker lose it after he 3 putted to kick himself out of the Tour Championship, ya know why? cause finishing 31st his freaking amazing for Snedeker. TIger is the number one player in the world and those outbursts are the reason why.

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 9:02 PM

I dont think anyone that is posting on this topic is certified or has professional degree in the field of human physiology, biology, or any other field to which relates to that of human growth and genetics, so anyone who is ignorant enough to make claims that Tiger Woods is on steroids really needs to have a wake up call. First, a picture is a picture, pictures of the same person at different times dont prove anything in fact they can be the same day and may look extremely different.  They dont even suggest anything other than what ones (not so busy) mind determines them to be. To most of us we would probably decipher the pictures posted as Tiger at 2 different ages. I think his change is absolutely normal. For example some people cant grow a full beard untill there 35 where as some can at 16. Everyone is different and has different genetic traits. I think this post should be closed. It has gone from Tigers attitude on the course to Steroids to a pissing match. 

FACT : Tiger is the best golfer there ever was and he has a long career ahead of him.

If you dont like him thats fine but suggesting steroids is a totally unfounded, unproven, left field assumption.

Its called dedication, dont be jealous, just be quiet.

Good Night.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 9:40 AM

Have any of you seen Will Smith's movie  "I Am Legend" ?  The first thing my wife said was is Will Smith on steroids? Check out  the scene  when he is doing chin-ups on a bar with no shirt on and compare it to the way he looked during Fresh Prince of Bel Air.   

Pretty damn similar gain in size and definition to Tiger in roughly the same amount of years, and yes his jaw line increased in size.  Just as was assumed with Tiger, Will Smith must be on steroids too.  As for me, I guess I just assume that it was hard work.  I assume that people like Tiger, Wiil Smith, etc.  have the will to get off their ass and get in the gym.  I assume that millions upon millions of dollars are pretty good motivation to keep your body in prime physical condition.

Just because somebody has a well defined physique, our culture now assumes that the person is also using steroids.  You can blame Baseball and the media for this asusmption.  I blame all of the people that were too lazy to get their ass and into the gym and now want to have a reason why they look the way they do. 

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 9:25 PM

Thats a great comparison. +1 to thetruths logic. but hey, post pictures with your theory because apparently thats factual proof according to the guy who posted pics and stated the opposite.,

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 9:59 AM

OMG please stop the steroid debate.  Snaike... those two pictures.... cmon dude!  What was Tiger.... 16 in the first pic?  i hope you weren't seriously using those two pics as evidence he's on roids.

Why do you call him "Eldrick"?  Is it because its a goofy name?  It is kinda funny.  

• spinmaster
    56 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 3:37 PM

Thats so wrong. Tiger is not on steriods. His short game(the most important part of anyone's game) has improved over time and he would lose his touch if he did roids. Also, there is no need to do roids because he would still whip up any everyone else out there without them.

RSS