Forums

Help › Forums

Tiger, isn't this getting out of hand?

Sat, Feb 13 2010 5:38 PM (130 replies)
  • TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 12:43 AM

Here's Tiger's latest tantrum.

Isn't this starting to put some stains on his incredible career?  I suppose his career and legend can't really be diminished because ultimately he's gonna have all the records.  But it's just starting to get embarassing for the guy.  I'm getting tired of seeing Tiger hit a bad shot (which everyone does now and then even the pros) and throw a tantrum... pound his club into the ground and start cussing.  How many other guys are doing those things in a round on a regular basis... while in a nationally televised event... let alone a Major.

I just wish he'd stop it.  I think it's hurting his game.  I was saying to myself all day during the final round of the PGA... "Tiger can't win if he keeps up these negative reactions to missed shots, bad luck, mis-reads or even an outright bad shot."  Constant negative reactions to results feed on themselves.  As an athlete, you always have to just know "the next shot is money in the bank."  Tantrums and negative reactions make it harder to recover back to a place of 100% certainty in your next attempt.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 2:03 AM

Tiger was been acting very suspicous, weird, "not himself". He's going crazy now! And now, he's crticizing people for no good reason! Thats why i hate Tiger personally, not his game. Kuz he's game is the best! I hate how he reacts to shots and cusses in front of everyone for missing a simple birdie putt! And he is supposed to be a role model for all kids, and everyone knows who is he, all around the world....

So Tiger, You need to chill out now.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 7:33 AM

Two words:

'Roid rage

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 1:18 PM

That's why my favorite golfers of all time are Jack Nicholaus and Phil Mickelson, both successful golfers (one more than the other, *cough*), and a blast to watch. 

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 1:27 PM

I know tiger is so focus while playing a tournament, so focus, that he cant hear anyone around him, but, he is real mean to fans though. Some people (phil mickelson, fred couples, etc.) they are nice people, with a good game, good job, and love the fans! I really never see Tiger shake someones hand while going to the next hole...No!... He doesnt really sign autographs... Phil mickelson is a crowd-pleaser. He says hi to everyone, hi-5's everyone, thats why people like to be with phil on a golf course, and not Tiger. 

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 1:34 PM

Honestly, no offense to Tiger, any fans of him (im a fan), but i think he is on steriods! :/  I think that kuz he's way too big, he gets mad for the simplest things, love to criticize people, and just love to throw clubs around!

You can hate it if you want. But I just thinking

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 1:58 PM

Never been a huge Tiger fan, a little too much manufactured hype around him all the time.  I think that Tiger has a few real negatives that he isn't dealing well with.  Obviously his knee is healed but his mind doesn't believe it yet and that might take at least another 6 months.  He always has had a little anger issue, go back to the US Open in 2000 when leading by a dozen he hits a bad tee shot and goes off with his driver being punished and a stream of foul language.  I think he also doesn't deal well with his new family status, where others thrive in this Tiger seems to like it on camera but he can't translate that action to on the course.  Tiger, once a lock to break the 18 majors that Jack has is now, more of a probable to break it.  His swing won't be helped by age and he has gone through 3 or 4 swing changes and none help the way he swings.  I think that 2009 was good for the other players, they started to realize that Tiger is now still the best player but you don't take Tiger against the field anymore.....

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 10:12 PM

These comments are all remarkable. Each of you should tread gently or stand down.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 5:09 PM

Wow Tiger bashing...lol. I think he has a right to get upset as he wants. He works exremely hard to be at the level he is. I don't think he's embarassing himself, he's only human, and showing it. The greatest player in the world, and yes he is the best in the world rght now, has as much right to get pissed as the amateur at the local course. Roids? You gotta be kidding me. Then I guess Camillo Villegas should be banned from golf  just for being ripped? These guys are athletes, they work out. They don't play WGT 10 hours a day and twitter the other 14. I'm by no means a Tiger fan, but he certainly doesn't deserve this sort of disrespect. To each their own though, you are entitled to your opinion and I mine. So there it is.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 8:18 PM

i'm a big tiger fan...  love to watch him.  i can't stand the tantrums.  once in a while i can take it.  but not every single round with at least 1 cussing rampage.  it's getting worse.  and it's affecting his game.

RSS