Forums

Help › Forums

Cross Platform

Wed, Nov 13 2019 8:39 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 11:06 AM

Has anyone experienced.. when trying to invite someone from a PC.. on your friends list showing them green and no cross platform icon ( the little cell phone/ipad looking thingy). Does it not show up properly all the time.a possible bug mabey. or is it someone using that as excuse because they dont want to play. just curious anybody else had this issue?

Chris

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 11:39 AM

I've seen it and am always surprised when that message comes up. Doesn't happen often but it does happen. 

Chris1973M:
    Does it not show up properly all the time.a possible bug mabey

This.

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 11:58 AM

Thanks Jim..i thought mabey i just stink or something..lol..

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 12:28 PM

A player will only show the mobile icon once they start playing a round, until then they will show as green.

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 1:08 PM

OK that makes sense.. thanks Baldace... trying to fig this out for the members (few) in our cc that utilize the phone/ipad platform 

• nolongerlonger
    2,813 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 6:54 PM

Someone in WGT land needs to bring together the two camps we have; one playing on computers; some on devices.

The only reason for being green (or blue) should be to show you are available for a game with a friend.  Games like Alternate Shot, Match, Skins, etc.  All other times a member needs to be red or hidden.  No reason for being green or blue to read the forum, play a Tournament, hit a practice game, go to the bathroom, etc.  

Device users showing as green is confusing to the function of our game.  It makes it look like they are ready for a game with someone.  But in reality, they do not have the ability to play a game with me on my PC as cross platform play is not possible.

Hopefully WGT is working on a plan to merge these two camps together to enable them to compete with each other.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 10:38 PM

nolongerlonger:

No reason for being green or blue to read the forum, play a Tournament, hit a practice game, go to the bathroom, etc.  

People have the ability to change their status by clicking the hidden button in "My Status" so they don't show being available.  I make it a point to change my status to avoid being invited by friends to aviod the problem you talked about.

phred952 

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Sat, Apr 8 2017 12:22 AM

Yeah buddy ..thanks Paul..and everyone else for the input..  see you on the links.

• PAGES
RSS