skip nav

Forums

Cross Platform

Wed, Nov 13 2019 8:39 AM by OneIron44. 11 replies.
  • Chris1973M United States
    1,335 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 11:06 AM

Has anyone experienced.. when trying to invite someone from a PC.. on your friends list showing them green and no cross platform icon ( the little cell phone/ipad looking thingy). Does it not show up properly all the time.a possible bug mabey. or is it someone using that as excuse because they dont want to play. just curious anybody else had this issue?

Chris

• YankeeJim United States
    24,895 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 11:39 AM

I've seen it and am always surprised when that message comes up. Doesn't happen often but it does happen. 

Chris1973M:
    Does it not show up properly all the time.a possible bug mabey

This.

1,335 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 11:58 AM

Thanks Jim..i thought mabey i just stink or something..lol..

• Baldace United Kingdom
    3,137 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 12:28 PM

A player will only show the mobile icon once they start playing a round, until then they will show as green.

1,335 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 1:08 PM

OK that makes sense.. thanks Baldace... trying to fig this out for the members (few) in our cc that utilize the phone/ipad platform 

• nolongerlonger United States
    2,698 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 6:54 PM

Someone in WGT land needs to bring together the two camps we have; one playing on computers; some on devices.

The only reason for being green (or blue) should be to show you are available for a game with a friend.  Games like Alternate Shot, Match, Skins, etc.  All other times a member needs to be red or hidden.  No reason for being green or blue to read the forum, play a Tournament, hit a practice game, go to the bathroom, etc.  

Device users showing as green is confusing to the function of our game.  It makes it look like they are ready for a game with someone.  But in reality, they do not have the ability to play a game with me on my PC as cross platform play is not possible.

Hopefully WGT is working on a plan to merge these two camps together to enable them to compete with each other.

• pdb1 United States
    20,094 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 9:05 PM

Baldace:

A player will only show the mobile icon once they start playing a round, until then they will show as green.

Yes but . Even if the icon is not showing . And they still show green in WGT . You will get the " cross platform play not supported " . 

nolongerlonger:

Someone in WGT land needs to bring together the two camps we have; one playing on computers; some on devices.

The only reason for being green (or blue) should be to show you are available for a game with a friend.  Games like Alternate Shot, Match, Skins, etc.  All other times a member needs to be red or hidden.  No reason for being green or blue to read the forum, play a Tournament, hit a practice game, go to the bathroom, etc.  

Device users showing as green is confusing to the function of our game.  It makes it look like they are ready for a game with someone.  But in reality, they do not have the ability to play a game with me on my PC as cross platform play is not possible.

Hopefully WGT is working on a plan to merge these two camps together to enable them to compete with each other.

Okay   Slow down a little Mr. longer . Let's start with your first statement .

nolongerlonger:

You can believe that the entire world is working on cross platform play . 

There is a couple of gaming manufacturers that have some cross platform play type features . 

WGT and everyone else do not have the capabilities yet . I can imagine that it is quite the race . To be the first . 

Next .

nolongerlonger:

The availability icons blue , green , red , white whatever are a much bigger issue with just PC play alone . 

Those icons are worthless and are not good gauges of availability for what they are intended for in the first place . Which are multi player invites . 

A player is either online Green . Or offline White . Or playing in a multiplayer game Red .

WGT leaves the icon Green for unlimited play rounds . To give the invitee the choice to be able to leave his or her unlimited play round that means nothing and can be replayed at anytime . To be able to accept that rare invite from some one that the chances of playing with again are very slim . 

Showing green is not confusing at all . It definitely means that you are able to play . 

That is if you had any clue that you were being invited . Likely not . Unless you were staring at your monitor waiting to accept or decline invites . 

That you would only know about if you happened to see that little tiny green invite icon 2 thirds of the way up on the left side of your screen . 

Chances are that you would be doing something productive with your time . While you were green and hoping and waiting for an invite . Because playing in a multi player round is what you would rather be doing . 

Instead of answering some forum posts while you are waiting . Looking up something in the search . visiting the pro shop . creating a CC tourney , making a trophy etc , etc . 

None of which put you in a very good position if at all to see that little tiny green invite icon . In fact in the time it has taken me to write this much . I probably easily could have missed 3 different invites . 

Now why there isn't an invite icon notification at the top and bottom of the tab pages . Where it would be impossible to miss . I cannot tell you . 

I can tell you that the current status does not work and never did . 

There are many ways to improve the way we are notified that there is a current invite . Until some thing is done to improve that . There will always be big problems . 

That will fix and solve that issue forever . 

• pdb1 United States
    20,094 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 9:11 PM

Chris . What up man ? Did you get your question answered ? 

• phred952 United States
    2,702 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 10:38 PM

nolongerlonger:

No reason for being green or blue to read the forum, play a Tournament, hit a practice game, go to the bathroom, etc.  

People have the ability to change their status by clicking the hidden button in "My Status" so they don't show being available.  I make it a point to change my status to avoid being invited by friends to aviod the problem you talked about.

phred952 

1,335 Posts
    Sat, Apr 8 2017 12:22 AM

Yeah buddy ..thanks Paul..and everyone else for the input..  see you on the links.

RSS