Forums

Help › Forums

Cleveland Wedges?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 7 2017 12:51 PM (7 replies)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 3:54 PM

I owned couple of Clevelands right now. I would like to change them to Clevelands L74-L80. Which ones would you recommend? thanks

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 4:03 AM

SlickHunter:

I owned couple of Clevelands right now. I would like to change them to Clevelands L74-L80. Which ones would you recommend? thanks

You would probably improve your game more by upgrading your irons to a set with high trajectory.  Also at some point you will want to drop your hybrid and add a 3rd wedge.  

Hopefully there will be a free rental weekend for the Master this weekend.  I would try out as many clubs as possible.  Take notes on what kind of performance you get with whats unlicked right now,

Experiment with everything in your bag.   Try the mid level Cally wedges and the Max spin wedges.  The only top level Cleveland available to you right now is the 52 degree, 115 yard wedge.  It's not much use except in a Par 3 set up. 

Compare Iron sets available to you now, but keep in mind the Lvl 85 Callys are very good.  However you are probably 125K XPs away from them. That could take a while to get there.

Good Luck,

phred952 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 4:45 AM

phred952:

SlickHunter:

You would probably improve your game more by upgrading your irons to a set with high trajectory.  Also at some point you will want to drop your hybrid and add a 3rd wedge.  

Hopefully there will be a free rental weekend for the Master this weekend.  I would try out as many clubs as possible.  Take notes on what kind of performance you get with whats unlicked right now,

Experiment with everything in your bag.   Try the mid level Cally wedges and the Max spin wedges.  The only top level Cleveland available to you right now is the 52 degree, 115 yard wedge.  It's not much use except in a Par 3 set up. 

Compare Iron sets available to you now, but keep in mind the Lvl 85 Callys are very good.  However you are probably 125K XPs away from them. That could take a while to get there.

Good Luck,

phred952 

I had the Ping L59 irons with high trajectory, didn't like them and sold them back. I'm waiting for for the Max irons L94, it's a long wait. I'm ok with the irons that I have now. I will probably change my wedges and get 3 Clevelands..

thanks

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 6:49 AM

Hoping someone knows,,,,,,I have the Cleveland wedges ( 56, 60, 64 deg.) And now keep in mind that I'm a lefty, so think backwards, lol,  my 60 degree. wedge hits to the right by 6 feet,,, on a dingger meter.  If I hit the meter early, it still goes right.  Now it makes sense to aim left, correct?  So when I do that, on a dinged meter, it goeys left, if I aim left, hit meter late, still goes left.  Totally confused, so I rented the new Callaway  60.........same thing  what's up?  

This only happens on my 60, not the other 2 wedges. This problem really shows itself on a flop shot. 23- 29 yards is where it hurts the most, can anyone please help?

• jessek12
    102 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 8:03 AM

Luckystar5:

Hoping someone knows,,,,,,I have the Cleveland wedges ( 56, 60, 64 deg.) And now keep in mind that I'm a lefty, so think backwards, lol,  my 60 degree. wedge hits to the right by 6 feet,,, on a dingger meter.  If I hit the meter early, it still goes right.  Now it makes sense to aim left, correct?  So when I do that, on a dinged meter, it goeys left, if I aim left, hit meter late, still goes left.  Totally confused, so I rented the new Callaway  60.........same thing  what's up?  

This only happens on my 60, not the other 2 wedges. This problem really shows itself on a flop shot. 23- 29 yards is where it hurts the most, can anyone please help?

Pretty sure WGT doesn't have left handed avatars, so not sure what you mean.

For flop shots, yes the default shot comes out to the right. You can either aim to the left and ding the shot, or you can hit one line before the ding to "pull" the shot and compensate. This second method could take some distance/spin off the flop shot, but experiment to see how it reacts.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 8:32 AM

Luckystar5:

You may need to clear your cache dump cookies and then log out and back in . This will reload all fresh files to ensure that they are the most current .

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 10:19 AM

Well yes there is a left handed avatar, in the mobile version.  It's in the settings section of your account.  But that doesn't matter, all I wanted everyone to know was that I wasn't pulling the shot, that right handers would be pushing, then someone tell me that I was going the wrong way..........

• jessek12
    102 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 12:51 PM

Luckystar5:

Well yes there is a left handed avatar, in the mobile version.  It's in the settings section of your account.  But that doesn't matter, all I wanted everyone to know was that I wasn't pulling the shot, that right handers would be pushing, then someone tell me that I was going the wrong way..........

In the future, I would recommend you note that you are referencing the mobile version vs. web version. There are many differences between the two, and most people who might see this and respond are basing their knowledge off the web version.

Still don't understand what the specific issue is, but I would recommend emailing Customer Support and describing the problem. Would probably be helpful if you included a replay showing the problem also.

RSS