Forums

Help › Forums

country club credit account

Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:13 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mikeb8
    375 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 2:49 PM

wanted to throw an idea out there and maybe it has already come up and I missed it.  What would it take for wgt to set up a credit account for country clubs where members could pay dues and fees to their country club and these credits could be used by the directors to set up tourneys for credit prizes and other gifts for tourney winners.  The credits could only be used when setting up tourneys in the add to prize category.   was hoping this would get more country club participation ang just like any country club there are fees to be paid monthly as well as initiation fees.  I think you get the idea.  any thoughts.

Mike

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 4:51 PM

mikeb8:

wanted to throw an idea out there and maybe it has already come up and I missed it.  What would it take for wgt to set up a credit account for country clubs where members could pay dues and fees to their country club and these credits could be used by the directors to set up tourneys for credit prizes and other gifts for tourney winners.  The credits could only be used when setting up tourneys in the add to prize category.   was hoping this would get more country club participation ang just like any country club there are fees to be paid monthly as well as initiation fees.  I think you get the idea.  any thoughts.

Mike

CC Bank "Coming Soon" per WGT.  This is the only info available about the bank.  Open the game client and click on " My Country Club".  You will see a tab called "Bank".  Click on that tab and this is the answer you get.  No one knows what "Coming soon" means.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 5:13 PM

You have to set up a bank account yourself ,, We have one at the bushwackers , We don't charge dues , Some of our members set up tournaments with credit purses called bank deposits , winner take all ,  In my case they make the tournaments for champion tier only .

I am the only one that plays those tournaments so its pretty easy for me to win .. I then put those credits in the bank ( My account )  I use those credits for making club tournaments , It works pretty good , You can see my score history , I win a lot of bank deposit tournaments ,,

My earnings say I have  won over 800 dollars ,, Most of that came from sponsors in the club ..  WGT may never open the club bank so you have to make due ..

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 1:14 AM

CEverett12:
    Some of our members set up tournaments with credit purses called bank deposits , winner take all ,  In my case they make the tournaments for champion tier only .

Hopefully you won't have a horde of dodgy champs queuing up to join your CC now ;-)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 1:45 AM

CEverett12:

You have to set up a bank account yourself ,, We have one at the bushwackers , We don't charge dues , Some of our members set up tournaments with credit purses called bank deposits , winner take all ,  In my case they make the tournaments for champion tier only .

I am the only one that plays those tournaments so its pretty easy for me to win .. I then put those credits in the bank ( My account )  I use those credits for making club tournaments , It works pretty good , You can see my score history , I win a lot of bank deposit tournaments ,,

My earnings say I have  won over 800 dollars ,, Most of that came from sponsors in the club ..  WGT may never open the club bank so you have to make due ..

And sadly WGT gets their normal tournament percentage because they can't implement the bank concept.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 5:04 AM

WGT only takes a percentage of premium tournaments , Our bank deposit tournaments are free to enter so we get all the credits .

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 6:10 AM

CEverett12:

WGT only takes a percentage of premium tournaments , Our bank deposit tournaments are free to enter so we get all the credits .

OK thanks for correcting me.

• AlaskanDame
    18,962 Posts
    Fri, Feb 9 2018 12:53 AM

pdb1:

I guess I'm missing something . If the tournament isn't a premium . How do you set it for winner take all ?

It's a free tourney, but the sponsor puts in a purse.  Then can specify winner takes all.

We do it differently.  People with credits to help others, usually lower tiers, just sponsor a lower-tier tourney and put a purse for it, maybe top 3.  That also spreads around the credits.

Also, we run tourneys where members tell the "runner" of the tourney that they'll contribute X credits worth of equipment/balls to whatever type of player, high finisher, low finisher, replay poster, round write-up, etc. they want to.  When tourney is over, the "runner" conveys to the contributors who to send their prizes to.  Works great for us.  And no wgt cut then either.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 9 2018 4:38 AM

AlaskanDame:

pdb1:

I guess I'm missing something . If the tournament isn't a premium . How do you set it for winner take all ?

It's a free tourney, but the sponsor puts in a purse.  Then can specify winner takes all.

We do it differently.  People with credits to help others, usually lower tiers, just sponsor a lower-tier tourney and put a purse for it, maybe top 3.  That also spreads around the credits.

Also, we run tourneys where members tell the "runner" of the tourney that they'll contribute X credits worth of equipment/balls to whatever type of player, high finisher, low finisher, replay poster, round write-up, etc. they want to.  When tourney is over, the "runner" conveys to the contributors who to send their prizes to.  Works great for us.  And no wgt cut then either.

Brookline Country Club does the same, and it works well. Hard to get credits anymore and this helps.

• PAGES
RSS