Forums

Help › Forums

Chambers Bay

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 27 2017 5:57 AM (8 replies)
  • stevie590
    30 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2017 4:08 AM

What a rubbish course,  in a head wind cant reach the par 4's in reg. really is a crap course ,  get rid.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2017 4:16 AM

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2017 4:49 AM

PaulTon:

+ 1

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2017 5:19 AM

stevie590:
    What a rubbish course,  in a head wind cant reach the par 4's in reg. really is a crap course ,  get rid.

Chambers Bay is a great course. And if you have the right clubs and know how to use them, there's not a single hole that can't be reached in regulation. That includes the 1st hole, which is (admittedly) a difficult hole.

But even if one is off the green on his/her approach, it's an easy pitch to get it close to the hole. Last I checked, par is still a good score.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2017 10:12 AM

All the OP needs is a better 3wood. Still probably a tad short on the first hole with a headwind, but that's what wedges are for.

• JasonNumber100
    2,906 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2017 3:08 PM

What about the 12th? It's such a short par 4 you can often get an eagle.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2017 8:52 PM

I'm guessing he won't like Erin Hills when its finished either.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2017 11:14 PM

Robert1893:

stevie590:

Chambers Bay is a great course. And if you have the right clubs and know how to use them, there's not a single hole that can't be reached in regulation. That includes the 1st hole, which is (admittedly) a difficult hole.

But even if one is off the green on his/her approach, it's an easy pitch to get it close to the hole. Last I checked, par is still a good score.

Actually I would rather come up short on # 1. Hit the green unless you just trickle on the ball rolls forever. Much easier to come up short on the left side and have a simple pitch to get close to save par. Or hole the pitch out for a birdie. Made more birdies that way rather than with my putter.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 5:57 AM

borntobesting:
    Actually I would rather come up short on # 1. Hit the green unless you just trickle on the ball rolls forever. Much easier to come up short on the left side and have a simple pitch to get close to save par. Or hole the pitch out for a birdie. Made more birdies that way rather than with my putter.

I agree. I thought about adding to my post and writing something very similar to that but decided not to take the time. Regardless, I absolutely agree with you.

RSS