Forums

Help › Forums

TZL 2017 - Congrats to Champions, The Georgian and Thanks Again All for Playing

Sat, Nov 18 2017 7:33 AM (289 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sun, Jul 2 2017 11:20 AM

Team captains should be making match-ups now, start round 4 whenever you're ready.

Fixtures on page 1.

There's still two results due from 3rd round.

• etienne5361
    1,061 Posts
    Mon, Jul 3 2017 3:31 PM

Befriended your team capt. Micheal nothing heard sofar.

E.

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2017 11:01 AM

Already July and am very happy to report that I was able to get in contact with my friend Darren (thestylecouncil) from the Fair Play Golf Club today and have our game.

Darren is a very nice guy and well matched game with us both being legends, so no holes to worry about.  It was back and forth and AS after 15 holes.  I was able to win the next two holes due to a couple bad shots on his part. So it ended with me up 2 after 17 holes.  Thanks for a great well played game Darren and for being such a classy guy.  Cheers mate.

WIN for the Georgian

• billyirl
    519 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 2:32 PM

Re July M/P @ Kiawah Island.

Just finished my game with Cowboytux from the Georgian,an am happy to report a win .

billyirl  2 up  V Cowboytux

Early on I gave up a 2 hole lead on the 3 rd to be level at the 10th. .A few carless holes from him and I had a 3 hole lead on the 14th which gave me the advantage in the run in.A shared par on the 17th (p3) got me over the line..

Not much conversation as we both had minds on the job but plenty respect when called for.

1 point for Fair Play CC.

Billy

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 5:21 PM

I've been off for a week, this is the updated table after round 3 and a couple of my mistakes spotted..

It's still very close, but the Fair Play GC goes from bottom rung to second.

Good luck and best of craic to all who play in round 4.

To be fair to all clubs, the deadline for all matches to be completed is the last day of the month for each round, unless there is a very valid reason why a match couldn't be played in that month.  No fault-no matches are void.

LEAGUE TABLE                                                     

P       W        H         L       Pts             Void      

THE GEORGIAN                      36      22         0        14      22                  

FAIR PLAY GOLF CLUB          36      16         3        17      17.5

UNITED FEDERATION VG      36      16         2        18      17

CRAVEN DALE CC                  36      16         1        19      16.5

• Sirbugger
    394 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2017 4:04 AM

round 4 Georgian v Fair play

BShepherd 2up def Sirbugger

• 77Rachel
    1,590 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2017 8:47 AM

I had a good time playing with Brian (bwander).  Thanks Brian for a fun round with good company.

I am happy to report a win for the Georgian, with me UP 4  after 15.  Since we are both legends, no concessions were necessary.

Looking forward to next month's match-up. This league was a great idea. Many thanks to all those that put this together.

Rach**

• billyirl
    519 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 3:03 AM

A few results from the Fair Play forum

Bwander V 77Rachel

Hi All,

Rachel77 and I just played our round at Kiawah. After a few false starts (I kept setting up the match incorrectly), we got out to a well matched competition. We were back and forth on the front nine and AS at the turn. She had a few "lucky" shots (her words) on a few holes which allowed her to go up and win on 15 - 4 up. We laughed a lot and enjoyed playing each other. Sorry I don't have a better outcome to report.

Brian

....................................................................................................................

Just played my match at Kiawah against Sirbugger of The Gerogian, and the result was;

BShepherd9  2&1  -  Sirbugger  (After 1 hole handicap allowance)

The match was very tight, with most of the holes on the front 9 being halved to be All square at the turn. The balance was tipped on 11 and 12 when I made a birdie on both and Jim had a putt lip out and one come just short for birdie on each. Had they dropped, it would have been a different game as he was playing some tremendous golf. 

Thoroughly enjoyed playing Jim again, and happy to report another point for the team.

• billyirl
    519 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 3:06 AM
           thestylecouncil V bushbeater4       

Hi all,

Absolute cracking game with Tim(bushbeater4).  I was 2 birdies and 2 up after 2, still 2 up after 4..my brother comes home from his birthday celebrations(rowdy clown), ended up 2 down after 9...got back to a/s after 11, still tied after 15, lost the 16th, and then Tim came up with a beaut on the par 3 17th...lost 2 and 1...but a an excellent game. Almost had him :)

• etienne5361
    1,061 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 11:32 AM

Played my match against Gasur from Ireland.

After given him hole 1 & 2 we did a steady game

further on and it ended in A/S.

Not much birds in this round the balls where afraid

to fall in a dark hole i think.

Con thnx for playing, E.

etienne5361     vs.      Gasur        A/S

RSS