Forums

Help › Forums

Putting, its killing me (slowly)

Tue, Dec 4 2018 2:12 PM (44 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 3:32 PM

kavvz:
     I can't begin to count the number of times I've said 'damn, shouldn't have moved it

LOL. I have a remarkably low success rate with second guesses.  :-D

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 2:51 PM

Yeah, there is some magnet around here that seems to always hit it perfect...dosen't even lool from the reverse view during his  approach shots and consistently hits it within 9 feet.

WOW SO AMAZED!  Than seems to ALWAYS...no matter what putt have perfect speed into the hole. Uphill, downhill, on every single course! with high winds or low winds.  It seems to me that during high winds sometimes the wind effects my putts and sometimes not. SO FRUSTRATED WITH WHAT IS SO OBVIOUS. Maybe if I record every round maybe with another computer that people can see I can shoot low scores also.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 4:25 PM

Heath021:

Yeah, there is some magnet around here that seems to always hit it perfect...dosen't even lool from the reverse view during his  approach shots and consistently hits it within 9 feet.

WOW SO AMAZED!  Than seems to ALWAYS...no matter what putt have perfect speed into the hole. Uphill, downhill, on every single course! with high winds or low winds.  It seems to me that during high winds sometimes the wind effects my putts and sometimes not. SO FRUSTRATED WITH WHAT IS SO OBVIOUS. Maybe if I record every round maybe with another computer that people can see I can shoot low scores also.

Quoted the whole post, since you have a tendency to delete/edit so much. 

Heath021:
    dosen't even lool from the reverse view during his  approach shots

There are very, very few holes that you should ever lool from the reverse view on an approach shot. Count 'em on one hand. If you're doing the reverse view on approaches for aim, maybe you should try to just use the front view. Just a thought.

Reverse view on pitches, chips, etc ...sure. But only to make sure of the distance and break(s).

Maybe this magnet you speak of is just better than you're ;-) 

Heath021:
    SO FRUSTRATED WITH WHAT IS SO OBVIOUS

Give it a break. You and I ain't ever gonna be a magnet.

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2017 6:26 PM

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 11:32 AM

[/quote]

I pray you're not thinking what I think I think you're thinking.  If so, get a grip.

Heath021:
    It seems to me that during high winds sometimes the wind effects my putts and sometimes not.
    Heath021:

Mags adjusts his putts in high wind conditions as wind is a factor on putts.

[quote user="Heath021"]WOW SO AMAZED!  Than seems to ALWAYS...no matter what putt have perfect speed into the hole.

Again...get a grip.  Mags has figured out the perfect speed formula and has posted it in our CC forum.  It works precisely as he says it should...but you do have to hit that speed on the proper line, and that's not always so easy to get right.

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Mon, Mar 20 2017 2:41 PM

What are you guys the mags police? Give ME a break please. I have my opinions you have yours. Why are my opinions wrong but yours are right? Typical. Whatever. I didn't mean the reverse view in approaches I never use those. I'm talking about adjusting the aim while looking forward for the approach without even looking closer at the green there jayw4862.

God forbid I say something that you disagree on. Holy moly it's the end of the world, I pissed of someone on a stupid forum for a golf game. lol. I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Mar 20 2017 3:00 PM

Heath021:
    I'm talking about adjusting the aim while looking forward for the approach without even looking closer at the green there jayw4862.

You stated "reverse view on approaches", hence my reply. And I'm not pissed. I just stated my thoughts, just as you did. God forbid someone doesn't agree with you that something's amiss. 

"...without even looking closer at the green...." Lost me on that one. Once you've aimed, and you're fairly sure you got it right, why keep looking from any other camera?

I'm not the mags police.

I just know that you consistently complain about one player. If the other top players recorded or streamed (which I wish was mandatory...just my wish), would you constantly complain that they do things differently, and thus have better results?

Like I said, give it a break. You and I ain't ever going to be up there with the top players.

Maybe this will help you with your putting game, since this thread is about putting:

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Mar 20 2017 3:20 PM

jayw4862:
    I'm not the mags police.

Jay, I think he was referring to me as I replied I hope he wasn't insinuating that Mags cheats.  As for Heath...he can kiss me where the sun don't shine.  I watched Mags play in-person and the dude is just plain good.  And JayW knows I met Mags because I met him too...and at the same damn time.  I just hate when all great players are already labeled "cheats".  Mags is so far from being a cheat it isn't funny.  He's probably one of the most straight up guys on the planet.  You know me Jay...I couldn't listen to such BS.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Mar 20 2017 3:48 PM

Ever since the dawn of gaming on the Internet, there have always been silly squabbles between those who take part.  Player A becomes better than player B, and so to player B it must be because Player A cheats.  

It'll never end, but it is quite humorous to listen to.

:)

edit: Oh yeah, another thing that routinely happens on the Internet is discussion threads go off topic for no apparent reason.  If someone wants to have a bash player A discussion, perhaps don't do it in a thread that people are trying to get genuine help in.  Tips 2.0 by kavvz -- you're welcome. 

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 21 2017 4:10 AM

How do you guys watch each other play in person? Travel to each other's house? Don't get it.

RSS