Help › Forums

New Courses

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 13 2017 1:47 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JDSKIER
    6 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2017 6:54 AM

I have to say first of all that I do enjoy this game although there are a few things that drive me crazy. The speed of the greens. I realize that it is a game but lets make it a little more realistic. Also, maybe some new courses for everyday play. I've been here for a while (2011?) and have not seen any new regular courses other than for special tournaments.

Any thoughts?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2017 3:07 PM

If you tier up, the green speeds to get much faster, then it is more realistic.

Basically we get 1 course per year......not enough IMO but they are very expensive to make and active membership is probably in decline

• HardCoded
    21 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2017 3:59 PM

Play more with Legend and above and the greens are much more realistic.

• JDSKIER
    6 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2017 5:43 PM

Perhaps membership is down due to the fact that there isn't anything new. And I'm saying that the greens aren't real world. Anyway, it would be nice if the website would give something new now and again 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2017 6:53 PM

In my almost 8 years here I have noticed that the ones who complain most about not having enough courses don't even play all the courses we have now.

• JDSKIER
    6 Posts
    Sat, Mar 11 2017 3:28 AM

Well, I don't fall into that category, I play all the courses available and all the tournaments. When was the last time there was a new course added to the regular rotation? 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Mar 11 2017 10:40 AM

JDSKIER:

Well, I don't fall into that category, I play all the courses available and all the tournaments. When was the last time there was a new course added to the regular rotation? 

2016 - Pebble Beach.

2015 Chambers Bay (which was the US Open course).

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Mar 11 2017 10:50 AM

JDSKIER:
    Any thoughts?

I have to agree with those who have suggested that if you really want to experience new courses, simply tier up. The game plays a lot differently from the tips. They cease being driver, wedge, putt courses.  

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Mar 11 2017 10:55 AM

Robert1893:

JDSKIER:
    Any thoughts?

I have to agree with those who have suggested that if you really want to experience new courses, simply tier up. The game plays a lot differently from the tips. They cease being driver, wedge, putt courses.  

Completely correct Robert.  Make more friends and play MP or AS, the social side of the game.  While new courses are exciting, really learning the existing ones and lowering your scores (below par?) can also be a challenge.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Mar 11 2017 4:18 PM

You know, in RL when you join a CC you basically play the same course over and over and over again, rough 90%-95% of our golfing time is spent learning the nuances of that one particular layout.  Occasionally we venture, get invited to play elsewhere, or take in a few rounds somewhere else while on vacation,  That's why we have "the home field advantage" on our turf.

On here, the variety is rather incredible.  I truly doubt I'll ever play the European courses available in this game in RL, but if I ever do get the opportunity, then this game has given me a primer as to how to approach that particular course.

You folks should count the blessings this game provides.

• PAGES
RSS