alternate pins at St Andrews

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 5 2017 9:34 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2017 3:41 PM

they exist for sure. Just played totally different pins in a CTTH RG

Course was fully mapped, so why are these not included as options in stroke play? Would change things up quite a bit

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2017 4:01 PM

We do get different pin positions at St Andy's, they change fairly regularly.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2017 7:15 PM

PaulTon:

I don't mean the regular 2. There is a 3rd set of pins at St Andy's used in CTTH. Since course is fully mapped, they should have the photos to use most of these

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2017 7:45 PM

PaulTon:

There's one hole on St. Andrews that I always got the same pin in a ranked round. That's the 11th hole. Every time I play a ranked round, I get the back pin location. I've never got the front location, at any tier.  

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2017 8:37 PM

derekortt:

PaulTon:

I don't mean the regular 2. There is a 3rd set of pins at St Andy's used in CTTH. Since course is fully mapped, they should have the photos to use most of these

That 3rd set of pins at St. Andrews was  actually the original pins when St. Andrews was a CTTH only course so they probably were never mapped for anything other than CTTH play.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, Mar 5 2017 8:48 AM

how soon before it became an 18 hole course was it only CTTH? 

I've had putts many times from where those pins were shot. Surely, they cannot be any worse than Kiawah's pins

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Mar 5 2017 10:33 AM

Robert1893:
    , I get the back pin location. I've never got the front location, at any tier.  

Try switching between easy-med-hard in a practice round to get the front pin to show. I've sometimes seen it show in match play ... do not recall it in Altshot.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Mar 5 2017 11:05 AM

I get the other pin position in a practice round. I just don't understand why it's never shown up in a ranked round. I can't think of any other courses and pin positions where that happens. 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Mar 5 2017 12:07 PM

Robert1893:
    . I just don't understand why it's never shown up in a ranked round.

I got it to show after 5 resets of 18 holes  in RR.

I tried resetting the back 9 ten times .. no go. Then I did the Full 18 set.

So I guess you will have better luck getting it when you set it for 18 holes.

If you want to check to see if it is there before you tee off, go MENU>SCORECARD - back 9.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Mar 5 2017 12:21 PM

@Zio

Thanks!

I'll try out an 18-hole round. I rarely play 18 holes, which could explain it.  

• PAGES
RSS