Forums

Help › Forums

Adobe Flash Death, any plans for the future WGT?

Wed, Dec 30 2020 11:46 AM (73 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 1:21 PM

What will WGT do if Microsoft decide to not allow flash to run at all? Browser support will then be totally irrelevant on Windows systems.

I sure hope WGT have got some future plans that will support PC players.

• Naugahyde
    92 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 3:12 PM

+1.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 3:48 PM

ScottHope:

What will WGT do if Microsoft decide to not allow flash to run at all? Browser support will then be totally irrelevant on Windows systems.

That would have to be win10, I won't run that, use win7 and do not allow updates.  So in reality, Microsoft can do nothing.

Use older, less intrusive browser and older version of flash for playing here.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 12:44 AM

I have that set up too Gary, but WGT can't rely on their customers maintaining an old set up, or new customers installing an old OS and browser just to play their game, that's commercial suicide.

I guess they are doing one of two things. They are redesigning the game to work on a new platform and keeping quiet about it, or they are just going to ignore the PC side of the game and hope that the mobile version generates enough revenue to keep the company in business.

I wasn't that concerned about this until another flash game that I played switched from flash to, Canvas? I think that's what it is now. But whatever it is, I can no longer play it. It just won't load. Maybe there is something wrong with my system, but I miss my little pool game.

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 1:09 AM

I  just played your pool game as a guest, don`t know if that helps you in any way though :)

Bjorn

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 1:22 AM

Thanks Bjorn, it just confirms that my system is a little messed up somehow, no doubt due to my own meddling. : (

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 1:42 AM

ScottHope:

And why would Microsoft do that? That might  just cause people to leave Windows in favor of Linux. Or cause a mass migration from PC's to Apple MACs or some other system that still supports flash. 

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 1:59 AM

Because flash is a security risk Joe, and Microsoft don't like security risks.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 3:32 AM

You can draw your own conclusions from this article :

The End Of An Era – Next Steps for Adobe Flash

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 4:38 AM

Brrrrrr, sounds a bit bad to be honest .I use the Avast browser so i guess i`ll have to check their website for information. But i use Windows 7 so maybe trouble on the horizon anyway.

Bjorn

RSS