Forums

Help › Forums

Erin Hills

Tue, May 9 2017 3:54 AM (54 replies)
  • devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 2:11 AM

Dougie4042:

Lol!  This course is easier that sh*t to play.  I'm telling you, 55 will be the cut. Guarantee it.  I half-arsed my way through it and still shot a 64.

if they do end up picking up the winds maybe 56 or even 57. I can't see it going 55.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Mon, May 1 2017 12:22 AM

good grief the VUSO qualifier is from custom/baby tees with mod winds - im guessing a cut line of 54 or less here lol

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, May 1 2017 4:26 AM

I'm loving this course, and also the setup for the VUSO. It had seemed that the wetlands do not really come into play, but bam! On the 1st hole moving up the tees opened up the green to reach in two but you have to play over the wetlands. Brilliant.

Otherwise, I love the fact that there is little to no water. In fact have come to regard water as a kinda cheesy and cliche feature of most golf courses (unless the water is a natural feature of the terrain, as at Augusta, Pebble, Kiawah). Look at the classic courses here on WGT: Bethpage, Merion, Oakmont (RIP), St. A's, Olympic, Pinehurst, etc etc - there's hardly a drop of water (as an artificial feature) on any of them.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, May 1 2017 5:35 AM

Wontonamo:

good grief the VUSO qualifier is from custom/baby tees with mod winds - im guessing a cut line of 54 or less here lol

Maybe 56, if it goes to 54 I'm taking myself out of it, lol

• SacredCow40
    43 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2017 4:33 PM

How do you play multiplayer with this course?

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2017 6:38 PM

The tee's are moved up on only a few holes...56 will be the number imo...55 is safe for sure...

devonnnnn:

Wontonamo:

Maybe 56, if it goes to 54 I'm taking myself out of it, lol

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2017 11:44 PM

SacredCow40:

These will be available some time after completion of the VUSO tournaments - ?July?

Scarcely have I been more delighted to be proven wrong. For me, "experience Erin" works!

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, May 8 2017 3:22 AM

alosso:

SacredCow40:

These will be available some time after completion of the VUSO tournaments - ?July?

Some members of my CC can already play multiplayer games at Erin Hills, but it doesn't even appear anywhere as a playable course option in my Game Client...

Any thoughts?

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Mon, May 8 2017 3:50 AM

in the game client - click on the right top corner where it says "US Open Erin Hills Play Now"

that will bring up the VUSO 2017 screen where u can goto 'experience erin hills'

click on 'create a group' and ur there :)

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, May 8 2017 4:01 AM

Thanks Wontonamo, but that top right corner option just ain't there for me anymore.

I remember seeing it about a week ago but never since..

I can only can see the 'Friend Referral Bonus' one, might I have to wait until July?

Cheers, Nan

RSS