Tue, May 9 2017 3:54 AM (54 replies)
  • Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 6:30 PM

ITS on

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 10:13 PM

Decent course so far. I like it better than I thought I would. Looks like it is going to be a tough driving course. 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 10:58 PM

dedBuNNy:
    One of the things which would have been so easy to incorporate into this game is a 'flyby' mode, where you can scope out all areas of a hole, do just that.... use a grid to check out landing areas close to green etc... 

Yo Bunny,

With all your latest rants about RL golf and golfers on here why do you think the game should have this feature?  In RL you find that chit out by playing the course.

Be consistent for Christ's sake.

P

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 11:09 AM

I always thought this also, a nice flyby

It is not like they dont have the pictures because after the hole is over it gives you some real good looks of green.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 4:56 PM

pmm711:

Yo Bunny,

With all your latest rants about RL golf and golfers on here why do you think the game should have this feature?  In RL you find that chit out by playing the course.

Be consistent for Christ's sake.

P

Weeeelllllll.... Because flybys, camera views, grids and the like don't have anything to do with 'how the game plays with respect to it's realism', which is something they've always touted to everyone by the way.

Those features are the fluffy bits that go into a video game's UI. Then you settle in and hit your tee-shot, and you're play the game.

In saying that ya, it would be great to have a 'no assists' option to play where there are no maps, none of the preview things - you get a score card/booklet which has elevations etc, just like the one you get at a real club when you play. So yes, you learn by playing and making notes. That would be a cool feature, but that's a lot to ask for a game like this. 

So ya, that's clear now? What I'm referring to with respect to the games 'realism'?

Should be... ;)  [waves]

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:34 PM

It's not, erm, very pretty, a bit straggly and uninteresting really from what I seen.

Maybe I was expecting too much, not every course can have scenery as wonderful as Pebble Beach I suppose.

But if, when open fully, it's a good test of golf and fun to play, the scenery won't matter at all.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:52 PM

PaulTon:
    It's not, erm, very pretty, a bit straggly and uninteresting really from what I seen.

Another Chambers Bay from a beauty standpoint.  I'll just think of a girl named Erin with nice "hills".  That will improve the imagery a tad.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 10:13 PM

Looks like a bagger's charter to me.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 5:24 AM

dedBuNNy:
    it would be great to have a 'no assists' option to play where there are no maps, none of the preview things - you get a score card/booklet which has elevations etc, just like the one you get at a real club when you play

And a first person view-no avatar.  :-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 8:00 AM

YankeeJim:

dedBuNNy:
    it would be great to have a 'no assists' option to play where there are no maps, none of the preview things - you get a score card/booklet which has elevations etc, just like the one you get at a real club when you play

And a first person view-no avatar.  :-)

WGT VR  :)  

Image result for virtual reality headset golf

RSS