Forums

Help › Forums

Retiring as owner of Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Thu, Apr 23 2020 8:12 PM (26 replies)
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2017 8:06 AM

Thanks very much guys, its nice to know that one way or another i have had something to impart to people.

Yep there is some health issues to deal with but nothing life threatening, thankfully

Alanti - that was the main thing seriously lacking with WGT in those days and with some constant water torture techniques WGT finally listened. 
    When we listed almost 150 improvements the CCs needed how could they ignore it.
    Remember the "Chat with Mr WGT and how all these improvements were 'news to him'.?
    Poor old Admin PizzaBoy.. geez he copped it from everyone. 

Mr Caddie its individuals like yourself and memories such as those that i'll always keep on hand, damn we had some fun with them n00bs and "its a rip off" " cant be done" types.

I remember copy/ pasting about 10,000 earned credits after a few hours surveys ;)
    Cant do that anymore either...

Alcaucin - yep - i got 2 Falcon coupes and a 1970 Mustang to put a smile on my face. cheers!

Mike/ Ozysouthpaw - you are going to be great mate! I pick good people as my Lieutenants and you are one of the best! Kudos to you Sir.

DJW2307 - Hey thats real nice to know ol ,mate... that was good to read how you used my ideas - even better to know that they seemed to have worked.!

Thanks a bunch everyone.

Tony

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2017 4:57 AM

I remember when you were coming thru the ranks way back then and couldn't sink a 3ft putt to save yaself    lol.  The good ol days.

There comes a time when everybody needs to have a rest.  Take care of yaself mate. I hope all will be good for ya

-Roger

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2017 11:06 AM

SHRUDE:
    Remember the "Chat with Mr WGT and how all these improvements were 'news to him'.?
    Poor old Admin PizzaBoy.. geez he copped it from everyone. 

LOL oh anyone who witnessed that could not forget it.....a deer in headlights......

And who wrote up the summary.....Shrude......probably the last thing the PizzaBoy dd not want.....

We tried to get the communities ideas across - perhaps they did listen to a degree......as CC's certainly did get improvements......

You contributed a huge amount to the community - with charm and wit (especially inserting the Aussie slang), not only with the help you gave players, the amazing contributions you did for Wayne's 12 days of Christmases over the years, but especially in making AAA one of the great WGT CC Clubs. A Dinky Di cobber.

Have a bonzer retirement mate from the ownership and I know the club will be in good hands, and enjoy your cars but most of all, take care of yourself Tony - look after your health mate.

Enjoy those cars mate and the relaxed life in SA......who knows, one day I might make it back there and if so, we can have a beer, coffee or some of the local food in Handorf.

Alan

• ozysouthpaw
    2,831 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 8:13 AM

It is my sad duty to inform you all that Shrude (aka Tony) passed away in September of 2018 after suffering a heart attack.

I lost contact with Shrude about 8 months after he handed over ownership of AAA and I have only today had confirmation of his passing.

Shrude was one of a kind, and will be missed and remembered always not only by the AAA brotherhood but by many in the wider WGT community.

RIP Shrude......... Shine on.

Mike.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 9:26 AM

Sorry to hear of Tony's passing. I always have a chuckle whenever I look at his profile and see that picture of a WGT avatar driving in San Francisco. At least wherever you are you won't have to put up with this virus thing or WGT consistently mangling this website.

God bless you Tony.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 9:45 AM

Ah, that's sad news and somehow all the sadder for learning it happened a couple of years ago now.

Best thoughts to all who knew him.

Nigel.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 12:25 PM

ozysouthpaw:

It is my sad duty to inform you all that Shrude (aka Tony) passed away in September of 2018 after suffering a heart attack.

I lost contact with Shrude about 8 months after he handed over ownership of AAA and I have only today had confirmation of his passing.

Shrude was one of a kind, and will be missed and remembered always not only by the AAA brotherhood but by many in the wider WGT community.

Mike.

Very sad news Mike, but thanks for sharing this and was the news I feared.

My post above sums it up, Tony was simply a class act.

His WGT legacy lives on thanks to Mike and the AAA members.

Shine on mate......

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 12:51 PM

ozysouthpaw:

Mike.

I'm sorry to hear that. He was a good guy and will be missed.

Don

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 1:31 PM

Really sorry to hear about your loss Mike, I didn`t know Tony but your words speak volumes

Thanks so much for sharing with all...  Take care and stay safe

Chris

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 2:16 PM

Sorry to read this Mike, keep the flag flying for him at AAA as you have done for the past couple of years

Pip

RSS