Forums

Help › Forums

Retiring as owner of Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Thu, Apr 23 2020 8:12 PM (26 replies)
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 7:59 PM

Righto trendsetters,

i've had enough of you mob.

I'm outa here.

Handing the ownership cap over and retiring as owner of the illustrious Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Golf and Country Club.

Seriously my circumstances have changed and so WGT time has to be adjusted, I'll still be around for the odd occasional game, but to be fair to the club i've hande3d over the reins.

As my time here now is diminishing I do want to acknowledge all the great people I have met here in WGT, from my early days back in 2011  you all showed me the ropes whilst I became the bane of the admins (and some members) in my hunt for greater game quality.
    Thank you to those who persevered with me, thanks to those who rode the WGT waves alongside me and a very warm thanks to those who ultimately became a great online friend, many of whom i'd love to meet over a beer sometime.

So although this is not adieu, it is an au revoir.

Cheers!!

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 8:12 PM

Oi! Oi! Oi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjZi7WIAOw

P.S. Do I get the CC since I commented first?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 8:32 PM

Take care mate......I have noticed you seldom play now (:

Your legacy is in the great club AAA.

If you are ever on and fancy a game, look me up.

Edit - You were a close collaborator back in the day when we hoped a suggestion list should be put forward......especially on wanting improvements for CC's.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 9:57 PM

Shrude,

I think I can say you may probably my oldest friend here.

We first met years ago as we tried to teach players how to succeed at completing the surveys. Remember how much fun that was?

You then became one of the earliest players to play Santa with me in the 12 Days of Christmas and continued doing so for years and eventually brought Aussie, Aussie, Aussie into the mix.

After all that, I hadn't played for quite some time, but you were kind enough to make me an honorary member of your CC and to this day I'm honored to be a member.

I sincerely hope that the reason you're leaving the game is not for medical reasons and hope you're just bored.

To the new owner of the club, I'd still like to remain a member, if not...I don't have a problem with that.

T- it's been a blast! Thanks so much.

Wayne/MC

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 12:42 AM

SHRUDE:

Righto trendsetters,

i've had enough of you mob.

Trust me..the feeling's mutual :))

SHRUDE:
    Handing the ownership cap over and retiring as owner of the illustrious Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Golf and Country Club.

..and a fine job you've done @ AAA

SHRUDE:
    So although this is not adieu, it is an au revoir.

Go cruise the Falcon for a while !!

Take care cobber...

Andy

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 1:05 AM

I hope your circumstances are not bad ones Shrude, take care bud and see you around.  ; )

• ozysouthpaw
    2,845 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 4:51 AM

mrcaddie:
    To the new owner of the club, I'd still like to remain a member, if not...I don't have a problem with that.

MrC I see no reason to change anything. An honour to have you aboard.

And to Shrude, mate if I can garner even half the respect of the Members that they gave you I think I will be doing okay.

Thank you for trusting me with your "baby".

Cheers.

Mike.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 5:16 AM

Probably not quite the right phrase but close enough, "The king is dead, long live the king".

Shrude, you did a grand job,  them are big boots to fill, Mike,    I'm sure you'll do a great job.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 6:17 AM

Hope its not health reasons.

Folks possibly dont know how much time can be took up running a club, of course you cant run your successful club on its own so no doubt folk will step up for you.

I did it at SEL for a year but decided the day i was walking around with my wifes underwear on singing "ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts" was enough for me to pass it over ;-)

Saying that, nowts changed apart from i dont sing ;-)

Good luck

• DJW2307
    13,389 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 7:08 AM

As Bubbs has said above, hope it's not for health reasons sir and wish you all the very best.

Some years ago when I got involved in running the UKGE I remember using your inspiration for how you set up AAA and reading the many forum postings on how you got people involved at AAA. That became the basis on which we tried / try to do things at UKGE. For that I will always be thankful even if our paths never crossed on a regular basis other than via the Lets Be Honest thread after my own posting and your reply.

Take care sir and have no doubts you have laid solid foundations for the new owner taking over the reigns

Cheers

David

RSS