Help › Forums

St. Andrews Metrics Changed?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 4 2017 8:52 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 5:48 PM

I have never missed so many 3-5 foot putts in the last week as I have ever missed.  Have the putting metrics changed?  The putting seems super tight.  Putts with minor lateral direction don't seem to follow the indicated direction, they go straight.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 6:31 PM

RenoRick:
    Have the putting metrics changed

I see you tiered up on the 13th. That is what changed, so you'll have to tighten up your game.

• IJACK21
    49 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 7:00 PM

I use the dot system to figure out the correct angle for putts, and for the last couple of weeks its has not been right at all. WGT has been doing something to make it much harder to figure it out. I also saw that the WGT servers have been down around 12 am for the last 3 nights for around an hour and so I couldn't get on their website. I think they want players to buy more clubs and better balls.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 7:33 PM

If there was anything super significant that changed Mags would chime in.  Since he hasn't chimed in I think we all need to focus better before we hit.

• PickettPocket
    22 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 7:47 PM

I play St Andrews daily. Theirs are the flattest greens I've experienced on WGT. I rarely have a testy short putt. If I go elsewhere for a round or two, I have to adjust to much more severe breaks.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 9:40 PM

ZioMio:

RenoRick:
    Have the putting metrics changed

I see you tiered up on the 13th. That is what changed, so you'll have to tighten up your game.

To RenoRick:  Congrats on making Legend.  As ZioMio said, it does make a hugh change.  People tend to focus on playing from the back tees, but the green speed increases make more of a difference.  Even Kiawah becomes tougher.

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 9:31 PM

it helps if u play diff courses once in a while then wen u go back to st andy it feels easier n u will eventually score better .u dont get bored playing it over n over? anyways play them all the easier ones will get easier for u eventually

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 9:51 PM

RenoRick:

I have never missed so many 3-5 foot putts in the last week as I have ever missed.  Have the putting metrics changed?  The putting seems super tight.  Putts with minor lateral direction don't seem to follow the indicated direction, they go straight.

They are what is known as misreads Rick, we all suffer from them from time to time. As for putting metrics, I really haven't a clue as to what they are as that's the very first time I've heard that term used.

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 1:01 PM

no st Andrews is in Scotland so they still use yards.feet and inches no change to metres and centimetres

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 10:42 AM

IJACK21:
    WGT has been doing something to make it much harder to figure it out.
    Absolutley. It's all WGT's fault.

There is no way you could possibly have anything to do with it.

• PAGES
RSS