Forums

Help › Forums

Erin Hills, Wi

Fri, May 5 2017 7:03 PM (43 replies)
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 2:06 AM

Exciting to see the new generation of courses joining the US Open rotation. The ethos is respect for the natural features of the site (or unnatural in the case of Chambers Bay, as it was built in a disused quarry).

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 6:20 AM

that 8th hole looks problematic.

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 11:18 AM

zagraniczniak:
    The ethos is respect for the natural features of the site (or unnatural in the case of Chambers Bay, as it was built in a disused quarry).

The Professor Zag is right on the mark here, I was at the Chambers Bay (errr.....Alien Relocation Station) and it was surreal and whatbnots.

Now, there are rumorables that there are some things at Erin Hills that come out at night or such like and we (@TeamYancy) are ready to do whats needed. Below there is a linker deal to an interview with the Director of Erin Hills done by the big guy himself....MisterWGT. In the last few minutes he mentions just this in a sort of cloaked manner if you wills.

https://www.facebook.com/worldgolftour/videos/10150676602459984/

Always On, I am Yancy
    @TeamYancy

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 11:20 AM

zagraniczniak:
    The ethos is respect for the natural features of the site (or unnatural in the case of Chambers Bay, as it was built in a disused quarry).

The Professor Zag is right on the mark here, I was at the Chambers Bay (errr.....Alien Relocation Station) and it was surreal and whatbnots.

Now, there are rumorables that there are some things at Erin Hills that come out at night or such like and we (@TeamYancy) are ready to do whats needed. Below there is a linker deal to an interview with the Director of Erin Hills done by the big guy himself....MisterWGT. In the last few minutes he mentions just this in a sort of cloaked manner if you wills.

https://www.facebook.com/worldgolftour/videos/10150676602459984/

Always On, I am Yancy
    @TeamYancy

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 9:10 PM

Vaibhav5viv:

phred952:
    I wonder if there will be elevation changes on the course similar to Chambers Bay?  

Its basically a Chambers and Oakmont hybrid by the looks of it.

Looks more Chambers and RSG too me 

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 10:48 PM

Some of the greens look a bit Pinehursty (yes, that is a word) with their roll-off areas.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 11:42 PM

YancyCan:
    Below there is a linker deal to an interview with the Director of Erin Hills done by the big guy himself....MisterWGT

Thanks for the linker winker, Yancy!

There's a second Erin Hills vid on this channel, showing some areals (sp?) aerials from the course. In the last seconds, it contains a promise:

Erin Hills - coming 2017 - WGT.

Doubts anyone?

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 2:36 AM

YancyCan:
    I was at the Chambers Bay (errr.....Alien Relocation Station) and it was surreal and whatbnots.

👽👽👽

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 4:41 AM

MrFunnyWobbl:

Vaibhav5viv:

phred952:
    I wonder if there will be elevation changes on the course similar to Chambers Bay?  

Its basically a Chambers and Oakmont hybrid by the looks of it.

Looks more Chambers and RSG too me 

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2017 2:14 PM

Rumours this was going to be here in March.

I see VT using it in September,  and the real Open using in June.

Cant remember if we could play Chambers before the real Open used it.

RSS