Forums

Help › Forums

Not sure where to post this...

Thu, Jan 19 2017 9:05 PM (20 replies)
  • petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 4:37 AM

...but I'm so stoked:-)

I got home, rested for a bit and then played a CC tourney, NOT red tee, and carded this:

Totally my best score ever. Thanks has to go to Alan (alanti) for his encouragement and advice:

"Take your time Peter, you can do this"

:-)

EDIT: I took about 50 minutes to play this 9 holes game!

I was constant;y asking myself, "why are you choosing this club and this shot"

Missed two birdies as well - hole 1 and hole 5 shoulda been a slam dunk but I erred on the side of caution, and paid the price. Pleased there's no bogey's though. Those slay me and really take the wind outta my sails :-)

Cheers everyone!

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 10:55 AM

Well done Peter, always a good feeling to come out on top once in a while.  ; )

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 11:08 AM

ScottHope:

Well done Peter, always a good feeling to come out on top once in a while.  ; )

Thanks Scott - I'm sure in the next round of the tourney I'll shot a 38, to bring me back down to earth :-)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 11:26 AM

Bravo Peter. I haven't seen one of those in many moons.

SquirrelNutz

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 11:48 AM

Very nice card Peter.  You buying at the 19th hole?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 6:26 PM

@petervcpt

Congrats on the very nice scorecard. Well done!  

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 6:40 PM

pmm711:

Very nice card Peter.  You buying at the 19th hole?

Damned right he is!

Nice to see you carding good scores Peter and soon your average will be less than CT's......

I sometimes feel you rush your shots a little, just follow a routine and you will do this a lot more often.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 8:04 PM

petervcpt:
    Totally my best score ever. Thanks has to go to Alan (alanti) for his encouragement and advice:

Great card Peter...good for you!

I reached out to Alan about 3-4 days ago seeking advice on how to improve my game after a long absence from playing. He was very forthcoming with his advice and even shared with me advice that he received from some of the top players on WGT. I'm still trying to take it all in and has made me think of things I never thought of before.

I can only hope that the advice he gave you was the same that he gave me and hopefully soon I'll post a card like yours.

Congrats....and thanks Alan.

MC

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 8:28 PM

N1 Peter...the 1st 29's a real buzz !

Many more to come I'm sure :-)

Andy

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 8:40 PM

Terrific shooting Peter!  Well done m8.

The downside though means that CT will be claiming you as his partner for some time in Alts. That's an extra 200lbs you've got to hump around the course!

RSS