Help › Forums

How to get rid of address bar on bottom

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 19 2017 12:26 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ZR1Tom
    12 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 4:07 PM

All of a sudden I have an address bar across the bottom covering my swing meter and club selection.  Anyone know how to get rid of it.

I haven't made any changes to my computer and have been playing WGT for over a year.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 7:31 PM

Sounds like a pop up ad - Install adblock and you will never see an ad again.

• MTBR
    182 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 7:31 PM

which browser are you using ? are you in full screen mode? I've had it happen to me  before too. he's talking about that box that pops up in the lower left when you hover over a link.

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 11:33 PM

I get this . I just maximise to full screen and I can see swing meter etc. .

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 12:09 AM

I think the answer has been covered in the previous posts but just as an addition Tom:

If and when you ever get any issues as you have, it would help with the diagnostics if you added a screenprint or snip for illustration purposes, plus the browser and OS (operating system). If you're unsure how to post a snip or screenshot let us know in here and we'll guide you through it.

Further to Craig's post, while in the game and if you are getting sizing problems, you just right click and in the resultant pop-up are Zoom In and Zoom Out.  Flick between those two as Craig suggested and your playable screen size will, or should, appear.

One final thought and it maybe of use to others. I use Opera for WGT as having tried just about all the popular browsers over time, I've found Opera is the only one where you can type in the game chatbox while still in full screen mode. All the others request you leave Full Screen mode in order to type do so. Also I have never had screen sizing issues with Opera either. I find it more user friendly than the others.

Whether that's just my system I know not. It also switches from game client to forums easier too.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 5:58 AM

PhilEStein:
    , I've found Opera is the only one where you can type in the game chatbox while still in full screen mode.

That only happens to me when using WGT's fullscreen.

Using the browsers fullscreen does not stop chat.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 1:33 PM

I've got 4 browsers on my taskbar Paul and all have the gameclient screen bookmarked. I've just played an Alt and part way I switched from Opera to FF and got this:

I'll try Ghost and Ice Dragon when I get chance.

Unless of course FF hasn't loaded the gameclient to bookmarks. Possible?

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 2:11 PM

PhilEStein:

I think the answer has been covered in the previous posts but just as an addition Tom:

If and when you ever get any issues as you have, it would help with the diagnostics if you added a screenprint or snip for illustration purposes, plus the browser and OS (operating system). If you're unsure how to post a snip or screenshot let us know in here and we'll guide you through it.

Further to Craig's post, while in the game and if you are getting sizing problems, you just right click and in the resultant pop-up are Zoom In and Zoom Out.  Flick between those two as Craig suggested and your playable screen size will, or should, appear.

One final thought and it maybe of use to others. I use Opera for WGT as having tried just about all the popular browsers over time, I've found Opera is the only one where you can type in the game chatbox while still in full screen mode. All the others request you leave Full Screen mode in order to type do so. Also I have never had screen sizing issues with Opera either. I find it more user friendly than the others.

Whether that's just my system I know not. It also switches from game client to forums easier too.

i use maxthon full screen never a problem with chat box.  my nickle.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 3:20 PM

Ditto that, nary a problem using chat with full screen Maxthon

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 3:20 PM

Ditto that, nary a problem using chat with full screen Maxthon

• PAGES
RSS