Forums

Help › Forums

Balls

Tue, Jan 31 2017 8:43 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • smarty670
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 9:59 AM

I purchased  calla way balls. Not lost umm in water anywhere but came back on and there gone. Can't believe  it. Help please.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 10:32 AM

Custom balls wear, they last around 100 shots (excluding putts).

There's an indicator below the ball&spin symbol.

• smarty670
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 12:46 PM

Aah ok. Is there any better worse that u can recommend that mite last me. I don't want to keep spending on balls. Or maybe how to win some .

Many thanks.Andy.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 1:43 PM

Did you use them?

Did you equip them, as you bought them on Saturday and haven't played since?

Did you pay for them with a dodgy fiver in which case it might be a snatchback.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 9:55 PM

smarty670:

Aah ok. Is there any better worse that u can recommend that mite last me. I don't want to keep spending on balls. Or maybe how to win some .

Many thanks.Andy.

Andy the L37's were the vapor ball version of the L33's.  L33's are 250 credits instead of 275 credits.  It's probably the best value ball here.  

After looking at your scoring and putting average you probably are getting no more that 2 rounds of 18 holes long per ball.  Also if you play practice rounds and use the mulligan feature it takes two hits for each on the ball for each shot instead of one.  Even putts.  So that reduces ball life even more.  

Enter some of the free WGT weekly and monthly tournaments to try and win some free credits.  The surveys seem to be even more of a scam right now, and the videos seem to have dried up, so earning free credits is harder.

I'm not sure you need a premium ball right now with enhanced spin and distance.  Try a WGT G12-S or a G13-S ball.  The 12 has a 2.0 meter speed and cost 64 credits per sleeve.  The 13 has a 2.5 meter speed like the cally, but cost 99 credits per sleeve  Both should be good for around 110 to 120 hits.

Work on yor approach shots to decrease your average distance to the pin and % of greens in regulation.  Learn all of the shots possible with your wedges:  Full, Punch, Flop and Pitch.

I hope this helps a bit.

phred952

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 10:25 PM

phred952:
    I'm not sure you need a premium ball right now with enhanced spin and distance.  Try a WGT GI2-S or a GI3-S ball.

This! (fixed the types for you)

Or try the Tour-SD and it's variant of Tour-GI-SD. In general, lower price for higher meter speed... For the easier side of the fun, you must accept constant payment - see it a an entry fee...

On the equipment side, you might want to sort out your wedges for a better distance spacing.

You have WGT wedges of probably 50 and 70 yards(?) and a Cleve of 75 yds in your bag below a PW of 115(!) yds. This should rather be evenly spaced. If you want to fix it, sell the WGT SW and get yourself a 100 yds wedge, Ping Gorge (L41) or ATV (L38).

And if you have more credits to spend, replace the 3WD...

A caveat: All clubs will have to be replaced again when you are promoted to higher tiers with longer tracks.

Have fun!

• Higgs20
    451 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 9:37 AM

good points made above.  in all honesty, the el-cheapo WGT balls are perfectly fine for you right now to help you score better...if you can combine this by getting some proper wedges, they will help this out tremendously!  dollar for dollar, I have found that the MAX spin wedges are incredible.  you need to be accurate, but you can hold any green in the game (basically).  in fact, there is often way to much spin available to you, so use it wisely.   but this will allow you to keep with the cheaper balls and go for better distance or slower meter.  plus your driver and irons are going to last you for quite some time now, so save up for those wedges (I'd recommend the 64 and 56 degrees to compliment what you already have).  

if you had any desire to purchase anything online...double check the offers area and see if you can get a credit bonus if you purchase through the WGT link.  I think I got something like 3000+ this way.  helped out a TON so I could get the gear I have now.  although I wish I could watch videos again (sidebar I know)...bring 'em back!

• TCorliss
    82 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 3:30 PM

Callaway 34 plus more expensive but if you wanna move up you need better balls. Plenty of spin with the right clubs. F the vids and survey's play for creds if youre good

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 12:34 PM

Ok, someone help,,,just made legend last night, I was using Callaway 34 to play coin games and did real well, win lose percentage was 87 %,  my ranked round avg, was 60.8 using the Nike 61s,  this morning I jumped right in to see how much difference there was going to be, by moving back.  Forgot to change back to the Nike balls, after playing a few coin games.  First ranked round out of the gate I shot a 34, missed 3 putts for an auto tap, due to me second guessing the grids, ( Kiawah course), am I missing something, or is there really any difference in the performance? Or is it the cost difference they pay royalty to between the brand names?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 1:49 PM

Please don't talk about balls, mine are always in the sand and there is nothing I can do about it.

Squirrel Nutz

• PAGES
RSS