Forums

Help › Forums

QUESTIONS

Mon, Jul 2 2018 10:23 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • stone6996
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 7:44 AM

How do they know what the most asked questions are, I cant find a place to ask them to stop the phone calls. I got 2 while writing this. don't try to get free credits !!!!!!!!! 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 11:04 AM

stone6996:

How do they know what the most asked questions are, I cant find a place to ask them to stop the phone calls. I got 2 while writing this. don't try to get free credits !!!!!!!!! 

Just goes to prove.  You stop right there when it asks for a phone number or email address.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 11:11 AM

I am going to award Gary a medal for his answer, because I had no idea what the OP was rabbiting on about.

Sounds like he has been doing surveys......and as Gary says, the second a survey asks for personal information....you are doomed -  common-sense

@Stone - if you can clearly explain the issue or problem, It makes it much easier for the community to give a concise answer.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 12:11 PM

Seen it  before Alan, easiest if you are going to do is use a throw away email.  Hell I hardly ever check a couple of my yahoo.

Used to try going the survey route, they just don't pay off.  Most you don't qualify for and it takes an awful lot of 5 credits to buy a sleeve of balls, to get the occasional one that goes through and pays anything.

• stone6996
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 12:31 PM

Sorry about the "rabbiting" but that was the 2nd post, the first went to a different category, if you had read the first one you would have understood the 2nd. { I didn't know what I was doing } I have never been on a computer game before so "common sense" would probably only come by experience which "I" have none, apparently you do.The only reason I did the survey in the first place was to have enough credits { which I did not get } to get a better Driver so I could have half a chance against people who spend real $ on fancy clubs to play a video game. But the only thing I got is 20 FREAKIN phone calls a day. Now do you have an idea ? Did I clearly explain it properly ? OP

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 1:50 PM

Sadly.......

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 4:59 PM

stone6996:
    Did I clearly explain it properly

Much better :))

Yes surveys supposedly can be treacherous, often will not pay out are you may get inundated with spam or phone calls. The old adage, nothing in life is free lol....

There are a lot of players who never spend a dime out of their pocket, and rely on surveys, watch videos etc. and this allows them to play the game for free (apart from the time).

But personally (and I have had only one survey available to me in all my time here) if they are asking for personal information, I would back away. Alternatively offer false information - like your worst enemy's phone number lol..

With upgrades, do not hurray as clubs bout too early will require to upgraded quickly as you improve and tier up. I know how you feel as I used starters clubs until Masters tier - players who were using better clubs had a huge advantage, but as I learned the game, even with the starters kit I could score pretty well from the shorter tees.

That said, with hindsight, I wish I had spent money to upgrade, as for me the game then game me more enjoyment - but enjoyment is not necessarily scoring low.

Just a matter of interest, what driver were you looking at? Personally I think you would be better off waiting till you hit the late level 40's or 50's.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 8:03 PM

stone6996:
    The only reason I did the survey in the first place was to have enough credits { which I did not get } to get a better Driver so I could have half a chance against people who spend real $ on fancy clubs to play a video game.

Hey Stone,

Welcome to WGT. I wanted to respond to your post because I can see that you have only been here for about two weeks and am sorry that your initial experience on this site has left a sour taste in your mouth with the whole survey thing. As others have stated, you should always be leery of handing out any personal info on the internet...and that includes this game. The surveys are run by some random third party company and have nothing to do with WGT (if I remember correctly) and so WGT might have a hard time making those annoying phone calls go away, but you should contact WGT Customer Service, located at the bottom of this page, to see if they can help you out...and I hope they can.

The other reason that I wanted to respond to your post is because of what you stated above, " to get a better Driver so I could have half a chance against people who spend real $ on fancy clubs".

This begs the question...How do you know you need a better driver when you have not hit a single drive in the two weeks you've been here? You've never even taken it out of your bag. How would you know you don't already have half a chance if you have never hit the club against another player?

According to your profile page, you've never played an ALT shot game, a Match-play game or even one ranked round...all you've played are CTTH games and you don't need a new driver for those.

Do yourself a favor and forget the the surveys. Go out and knock some balls around and play some ranked rounds and lower your average a little bit. Then come back to the forums and see how many players there are in the community who are willing to send out some free gear to new players, like yourself, who are looking to improve their game.

Trust me...it happens.

MC

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 4:18 AM

If you have a smart phone there are several call blockers that will block all calls that aren't on your accept list. And with your email set up correctly all that junk goes to your junk mail and you never see them. 

• marcus2108
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 7:46 AM

mrcaddie, I might be able to help with the no-record thing. This software still thinks I have never hit a ball. I'm a level 46 tourpro. I'm in this forum looking to learn how to get it to start keeping my handicap. I don't see an option anywhere. Also I read about watching training clips but don't see that anywhere either.

• PAGES
RSS